Ratings for Dr. Marcia Litzinger

Dr. Litzinger is very knowledgeable, due to her involvement with drug studies. Unfortunately, I felt like my daughter was used as as guinea pig for her studies. She failed to tell her about the horrible birth defects that can come about as a result of being on Topamax when you become pregnant. We did not find out about this until after she (my daughter) gave birth to her first child and was pregnant with her second one. Luckily we seem to have had a healthy first baby, but are terrified what might happen to the second child while developing due to what we now know about Topomax. This is due to the drug warnings on TV about it now. Dr. Litzinger seemed shocked that the first child did not have a birth defect when she was contacted sometime after the first childs birth, but did tell us then. Now we know the reason for that. Dr. Litzinger had my daughter taking Topomax while pregnant and never said a word about the birth defects. In fact, she seemed to believe it was safe! NOT!!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2011

Dr. Marcia Litzinger's Credentials

• Univ Of Al Sch Of Med, Birmingham Al 35294 (Grad. 1980)