Ratings for Dr. Amy B. Bleyer

Very annoyed when my elderly mother was late due getting sick on the way the office. Did not want to see her and yelled at her for being late.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2015

I met with Dr. Bleyer two months ago. She was cold and did not seem focused on the appointment when I was in the office. She didn't seem to care about my family history or other information that may be relevant to my current health care and preventative care. I would not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2012

I had been seeing Dr. Bleyer for about 3-4 years, and always found her a little cold and distant. The last time I saw her I was given a blood test and told to follow up with it. I did, and after about 5-6 phone calls to her spread between a couple of weeks she NEVER called me back. Her staff did not know what to say and said she was receiving the messages. I don't know why she did this! If you want a caring doctor who will GET BACK TO YOU, do not go to her.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2012

I think Dr. Bleyer is a great doctor. I have recommended several people to her who have also liked her. She is helpful and sympathetic and unlike most doctors, is always on time.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2010

Dr. Bleyer refused to call me back and refused to make time to talk to me about a prescription she gave me. I initially started seeing Dr. Bleyer because she was young - so I thought she would be energetic and would focus on bedside manner/patient care since she was just starting her career. It was the opposite - she was too self important to talk to me (plus, her staff was incredibly unhelpful and rude). Further, I have since learned that her treatments were mis-informed - she is a naive, young doctor with a lot to learn about medicine and patient care. Do not trust your family or friends with her.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2009

I made an appointment with Amy Bleyer and had to cancel the day of due to a horrible stomach bug. The receptionist was nice enough to reschedule me for a couple of months later but only to call me back and say that the doctor no longer would see me since I cancelled the day of. While I completely understand the incovenience I caused, I think it's arrogant and insensitive for her to decide not to see me especially since this was the first time I had cancelled with her. I would not have cancelled had it not been for my stomach upset. Especially since it took me a month and half to get the appointment in the first place. Seems antithetical to what a doctor should be like.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2009

Extremely well educated. Always listens and takes a great deal of care to understand what is going on, from your perspective. I have sent many of my friends to her and continue to do so. She is wonderful!

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

Dr. Amy B. Bleyer's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

AHC