Ratings for Dr. Fredric J. Silverblatt

Silverblatt is not educated in Lyme disease. After receiving negative test results for Lyme disease, Silverblatt refused to even consider the possibility that I had Lyme disease. For someone who said in an appointment that he has had Lyme disease three times in his life, he clearly has a skewed idea of what the disease is if he refuses to treat others for it. Many people with Lyme disease do not have positive test results. Over 300,000 Lyme disease cases in the US go undiagnosed each year and Silverblatt allows for many of his patients to go untreated for Lyme disease. My two appointments with him were a waste of time and only caused my symptoms to progress even more. Silverblatt thought that my raised lymph glands were indicative of a lymphoma. This was bizarre because of course my glands would be raised because I am fighting an infection! Also, I had seen a hematologist/oncologist months before who had labs drawn which came back as normal. Surely, the hematologist/oncologist would know if I had a lymphoma. Luckily, I was diagnosed with Lyme disease by two Lyme-literate doctors and am now being treated. Silverblatt is a prime example of how you have to be your own doctor and fight for your own health because no one else will do it for you.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2017

He was very thorough and kind. He was able to rule out Lyme Disease when others could not.Patient and provided an excellent exam.We need more Lyme Doctors in RI like him. He has suffered from Lyme himself and is fully recovered.Highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2013

He was a very nice man. He diagnosed me though didnt give me a whole lot of information regarding my diagnosis.But I think because it wasnt really his speciality. Still a nice guy.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2009