Ratings for Dr. Gabriel Hirsch

I met with this "pain specialist" and although he was patient and nice, he really didn't offer me any valid solution for my pain issues. I struggle with advanced OA and was told to take Pilates, get walking poles and try topical cream. I was very disappointed with his advice since I waited two years to see him. I have already taken yoga, have canes, and have tried every topical cream on the market. He told me I was not a candidate for any injections or blocks. He also told me to get a brace that was exactly the same as the brace I already had. He then told me not to wear the brace as it was atrophying my leg. So, I was confused. At the end of the meeting, I expressed my disappointment with a collegue of his, and the collegue told me not to loose hope. Dr. Hirsch was my last 'hope'. I was left the appointment hopeless and crying after I met him. Thankfully, I was able to see a new complex pain specialist at the Change Pain Clinic on Cambie, and the doctor there told me I WAS a candidate for injections and nerve blocks. There were also many other procedures that I was a candidate for. Dr. Hirsch never mentioned any of these procedures to me. I was at least expecting him to give me something worthwhile to go on, but he did not. I unfortunately did not have a positive experience with this doctor. He seemed very limited in his pain knowledge. I was even suggesting things to him.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2015

Dr. Hirsch is amazing he was not rude or anything of the sort he is a wonderful doctor and would advise everyone to go to him. He is really there to help the patient, known him for years and he did everything in his power to help with my injury. He is really in this profession to make peoples lives better GO SEE HIM !!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted September 6, 2013

I had tennis elbow and had already tried many non-invasive treatments. Dr. Hirsch listened, was empathic, and really worked hard to get to the bottom of my troubles!He asked I phoned after a treatment and even returned calls to the home! I am way better thanks to him!Thank you!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2013

Great doctor. Does not waste anyone's time or money and is extremely helpful.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2013

Very cold and rood. Does not listen to your complaints and details. Rushed through the consultation. I would not reccommend him.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2012

I found the guy rude as well, knowledgeable but still not very helpful.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2012

thorough, professional, good diagnostician, calm and easy to talk to.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2011

Very helpful, good knowledge and good personality. Thank you

flag | Submitted January 6, 2011

He was ok but but i found him very rude. you don't get a chance to talk he jumps right in. I would not see him again if I had a choice.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2008

Has excellent knowledge in myfacial pain and muscle disorder - conservtive approach to treatment Dr has good listening skills and does not dismiss complaints.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2008