Ratings for Dr. Calvin Stewart

Dr. Stewart is an exceptional family physician. We are dreading the day he retires.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2010

I've known him for about 24 or more years and for the first 10 he was suitable after that it was time to move on. He saw me as that child and called me kiddo, as if I was still a child. Once I was in extreme pain, he told me I would be fine and decided not to prescribe upon my request because he assumed I would become an addict. Ok? You know someone for 14 years and you would think they would know you a little, w.e..... God Bless Dr. Stewart.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2010

Dr. Stewart has been my doctor for many years and has treated me well. When necesary recommends a specialist. This has been the case in more than one instance. I would not hesitate recommending him to family and friends.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2010

Very personable and caring. Always answers my questions and treats me with dignity and respect.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2010

Dr. Stewart is a caring, competant and very compassionate physician. I consider him a good friend.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2009

i brought my 14 week in old who has had diarreah for 6 days and has lost a few oz. of wieght. although smily and no fever he took 1 look at him felt his tummy and told he he was fine. his staff nurse who had looked the baby over a few minutes prior had a surprised look on her face. the baby had horrible diaper rash and the inside of his anus was bleeding...he then said "he might have a fisher" which means hemmoroid- then he proceeded to tell me "some kids go 6 times a day and some don't have a bowel mvmnt for 6 days" i proceeded to remind him its no the amount of movements its the fact that it is blatent dirreah............when i challenged him he seemed irritated and told me basically to go home. he even told me his bum looked good well he didn't even look past the baby's nutsack if he would have he would have seen the sandpaper red cracked behind due to the diarreah he has been having. i will never go to see this doctor again- have had similar issues in the past have learnt my lesson

flag | Submitted November 23, 2009

Helpful, but not very knowledgeable. He prescribes medication unnecessarily and haphazardly. I have learned more about my symptoms and treatment options from CDC, NIH and Johns Hopkins medical websites than Dr. Stewart appears to know. His exams are very hurried, and therefore I feel his skill as a diagnostician is greatly lacking. He failed to conduct a knee exam after 3 years of repeated visits complaining of knee pain. I now have permanent damage and osteoarthritis in my 20s. I have a family member that was suffered from a fatal, non-Hodgkins lymphoma that Dr. Stewart failed to diagnose and failed to refer to any specialist until the condition was well advanced.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2008

Cal is the best doctor in all of Lethbridge. He is kind and very geniune. Plus he knows his stuff and cares for you. I feel deeply moved that he still helps others after the horrible tragedy of when his songs went missing on a hiking trip and never found.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2008

Very through and to the point. Calls it like it is and uses his years of experience to address the concerns and problems associated with thse of use that are going into our winter years of our life. Not much fanfare but to the point and calls it shots like they are. Wouldn't use anyone else if I could see him on a regular basis but being good for so many years he definanity has a long waiting list to see him. Good man and Doctor............

flag | Submitted September 25, 2007

Never had any problems, he has always been professional and concerned about my medical needs

flag | Submitted September 5, 2007