Ratings for Dr. Roger L. Cambor

Dr Cambor has worked with me through numerous challenges & transitions. Initially I thought I'd see him for appx 1yr, max. I am a strong willed, well educated person & interviewed 6+ specialists & general psychotherapists. All fell short, some were deplorable. I can't emphasize enough how tremendously successful our work has been together. I chose to continue seeing him, now more than 6 years, because he is rational, reasonable, sensitive but truthful & direct. His breadth of knowledge is astounding. I've been amazed that a doctor cares enough about his patients to do additional research & reach beyond techniques or medications that seem ineffective. On his own, he has picked through a plethora of health problems, PTSD, marriage & family issues, & suggested excellent reading/books, seminars, even obscure but excellent alternative practitioners. His dedication seems tireless. I trust him. My husband trusts & really respects him. Cambor gives his ALL, despite what I think would wear anyone down. He has never let me down. I needed him a few times at off hours, weekends, a late night call and like every other and I've seen, he has always come through for me. Sure, he has been late a couple times, but I trust the person with him really needed more time. When I've been in crisis, he gave me - as always, full attention, support, extra appt time, sound advice, options, ideas & I believe he genuinely is authentic about the gravity of patient's well being. I am very comfortable with his professional demeanor & prefer thus to the "teddy-bear" touch feely types who told me to "love myself". Yet lacked intellectual insight into "me", a unique person. I had no idea really, what this meant. Cambor has always paid keen attention...asks, listens, responds. I don't need a bear hug from my psychiatrist. Also, I have always been very skeptical about pharmaceuticals. So many side affects. The horror stories of being a guinea pig. Cambor will work WITH your belief systems. I'm so impressed with all the different approaches he's employed for working on various issues that I've seen him for. I believe one could ever have stood by me through thick & thin & produce what I can only describe as amazingly transformational. If I were in college again, he would be a major influence on my PhD thesis. There is no one comparable to Dr Cambor. Thank goodness he was referred to me. I hope anyone looking for a psychiatrist is fortunate enough to work with Dr Cambor. Don't think there's anyone like him & I'm thankful & grateful for his tenacity, wisdom, intuition, & tremendous dedication. He is superb for me, & I believe I've challenged him quite a bit. With his calm demeanor & solid character, he's never waivers & seems undaunted. Trust, respect, effective, responsive, reliable, dedicated, authentic & genuinely committed to his patients & profession. I couldn't find all if that in any 1 Doctor...except Dr Cambor. And I looked, interviewed, tried a few for several months. My truth meter went off,, or, I saw through them, felt like a #, a guinea pig, or attending some teenage "trust fall" hug the bear % tell him your "problems", then leave 5 minutes early & pay a fortune for what seemed like, arm chair psychology. Find the right fit for-U. Like marriage, BE VERY sure the essential fundamentals exist. I held out for who the best is for me. I'm have extremely high standards. Dr Cambor exceeds them. Lucky for me!

flag | Submitted December 16, 2016

Dr. Cambor is an incredibly qualified doctor. His approach to medicine is one of rationality and pragmatism. When I first began seeing him, I was initially irritated at the pace of treatment. However I came to realize that the pace was because of his desire for understanding. Dr. Cambor wants to understand you and your situation from all angles, he wants to get treatment right the first time around. That being said, if you are in crisis, he will act quickly and get you stable. I know this from experience. His treatment consists of medication and also vitamins and supplements, which I see as a balanced approach. My biggest complaint is his punctuality. He may be late every session, but you'll still get your full time in the session. He doesn't cut them short. My final note is that he goes into detail on the science of the medication and your disorder. He explains clearly what each medication does, and what outcomes you should expect from them. All in all, he is a very talented doctor.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

While I have heard he is an excellent specialist with over 30 years experience I was very disappointed in the way he conducted the session. He seemed disengaged, distracted or tired . Gave him another few attempts to see if he was just having a bad day but then he was out of town a lot. I need someone reliable to be present, on time and available he not that person.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2016

Dr. Cambor is by far the best addiction psychiatrist I have ever met. He is extremely knowledgeable, compassionate, caring and also uncanny in his perception of addiction and clinical diagnosis. I have interviewed and task. My 21 year old to five different doctors in a four year span and none have helped as much as Dr. Cambor did in even the first visit. He goes out of his way to really listen and totally understands even the slightest nuance of behavior, ten is able to reflect this information back to the individual so they can embrace the overview and really take it in without being offended. He can be firm when he needs to, but essentially my 21-year old loves him as do I for all the help he has given. We highly recommend this doctor. He is a rare find!!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2012

Dr Cambor is a true profesional whom really knows and I believe enjoys researching the affects of medications. He is compassionate and caring. I have been a patient for 5 years now and am proud to say have been mentally well and street drug free for most of the same. If you are looking for someone who takes pride in his work, which is hard to find in this day and age, then Dr C is the one for you.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2008

Dr. Roger L. Cambor's Credentials

• Univ Of Tx Med Branch Galveston, Galveston Tx 77550 (Grad. 1984)