Ratings for Dr. Roger L. Cambor

Dr. Cambor is an incredibly qualified doctor. His approach to medicine is one of rationality and pragmatism. When I first began seeing him, I was initially irritated at the pace of treatment. However I came to realize that the pace was because of his desire for understanding. Dr. Cambor wants to understand you and your situation from all angles, he wants to get treatment right the first time around. That being said, if you are in crisis, he will act quickly and get you stable. I know this from experience. His treatment consists of medication and also vitamins and supplements, which I see as a balanced approach. My biggest complaint is his punctuality. He may be late every session, but you'll still get your full time in the session. He doesn't cut them short. My final note is that he goes into detail on the science of the medication and your disorder. He explains clearly what each medication does, and what outcomes you should expect from them. All in all, he is a very talented doctor.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

While I have heard he is an excellent specialist with over 30 years experience I was very disappointed in the way he conducted the session. He seemed disengaged, distracted or tired . Gave him another few attempts to see if he was just having a bad day but then he was out of town a lot. I need someone reliable to be present, on time and available he not that person.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2016

Dr. Cambor is by far the best addiction psychiatrist I have ever met. He is extremely knowledgeable, compassionate, caring and also uncanny in his perception of addiction and clinical diagnosis. I have interviewed and task. My 21 year old to five different doctors in a four year span and none have helped as much as Dr. Cambor did in even the first visit. He goes out of his way to really listen and totally understands even the slightest nuance of behavior, ten is able to reflect this information back to the individual so they can embrace the overview and really take it in without being offended. He can be firm when he needs to, but essentially my 21-year old loves him as do I for all the help he has given. We highly recommend this doctor. He is a rare find!!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2012

Dr Cambor is a true profesional whom really knows and I believe enjoys researching the affects of medications. He is compassionate and caring. I have been a patient for 5 years now and am proud to say have been mentally well and street drug free for most of the same. If you are looking for someone who takes pride in his work, which is hard to find in this day and age, then Dr C is the one for you.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2008

Dr. Roger L. Cambor's Credentials

• Univ Of Tx Med Branch Galveston, Galveston Tx 77550 (Grad. 1984)

AHC