Ratings for Dr. Jason G. Whalen

This was my first visit to Dr Whalen and I was very pleased. He gave me through exam which I haven't received from other dermatologists. All was well and he did not recommend removing anything.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

I have been to Dr. Whalen a couple times & ever time he finds something to cut off. This last time it was a mole on my chest that has been looked at by another derm 6mths prior but he said it looked funny it had to go. so when my biopsy came back as modertly atypical he wanted to remove more even tho there is no evidence it will ever turn into cancer. So I decided not to since the area can be watched I go every six months. Because I didnt do what he wanted he dropped me from the practice. He is not very understanding or caring of patients rights. I would NEVER recommend him or ther group!!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2011

All business, not very personable. I asked to change doctors for future visits.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2010

My experience with Dr. Whalen was the worst I've had with any doctor in my life. I saw the doctor for what turned out to be a pre-cancer on my face. He said it had only a 10\% chance of becoming cancerous, so this did not concern me. However, I did look him in the eye and clearly state that I did not like the mark cosmetically. He looked displeased because, in my opinion upon afterthought, he could not do anything cosmetically right then for an additional fee. He then did a freezing procedure, which I had every reason to believe was cosmetic. After 3 months the mark was much worse, so I called the office and a receptionist explained IN ONE MINUTE what the doctor neglected to. She said the freezing procedure was not cosmetic, it goes deep into skin to prevent cancer. I NEVER would have agreed to this procedure had it been explained. It is my honest opinion that Dr. Whalen took it upon himself to decide what was best for me and didn't mind collecting a quick fee in doing so.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2009

Dr. Whalen possesses one of the most caring and compassionate bedside manners of any practitioner in the field. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for an excellent dermatologist!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2008

Dr. Jason G. Whalen's Credentials

• University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine (Grad. 2002)

MSP/BC Med