Ratings for Dr. Jolanta Sobotka

I like Dr. Sobotka very much. She seems to really want to get me to the point of helping me be more mobile without a great amount of pain. We are working together on that. I have found her pleasant and kind

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

The staff and Dr Sobotka is very unprofessional, and treats the patients like trash. The service is horrible.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

i also wanted to quit my pills. I asked her about that and she said some people could get in remission sometimes for a long time. I quit my pills and was fine for 2 years. Then I had a bad flare up and went back to her. She was very nice about it and put me back on my pills.I am good now and will not stop them again.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

I saw Dr. Sobotka years ago now, when I was having a flare up of RA symptoms. She was rude and condescending, telling me that I would have to be on medication for the rest of my life. When I told her that I wanted to try diet, she scoffed and told me there was "no data" that diet had any influence on arthritis. I went back to my office (located at the university) and typed into PubMed "diet" and "arthritis." At that time, 15 pages of studies popped up. I did not fill the prescription, changed my diet, and viola. No more arthritis. No thanks to this closed-minded misinformed pill pusher. (Sorry for the harsh words.)

flag | Submitted May 17, 2015

I have to agree with others that state Dr. Saboka is aloof and her bedside manner needs some work. I've seen her for a number of years and I still suffer with pain and it's getting unbearable, I have several issues going on and all she does is rearrange my medication. With what she's put me on, just her orders totals over 8500.00 a month for my medications. Just her alone and I have no relief. Yes, I'm looking for another rheumatologist. It's difficult to leave someone you've trusted for so long but you have to face facts that we only get one chance at this life and when you face difficulties like debilitating diseases, and you need a doctor's help to get some kind of quality in life, you need one that is going to help. You won't get it with Dr. Sabotka, it's time to look elsewhere. The fact that it's a short wait time doesn't warrant a good physician, it states that she doesn't have the patient load to make her busy. Heads up people.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

really like having Dr. Sobotka as my doctor, she is very nice and really listens to me. I always feel very comfortable and welcome there. It's usually a short wait before I get called back and I don't have to wait in the room for very long either.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2015

I saw 2 other rheumatologist before I saw dr Sobotka. I finally found a doctor who cares, listens to me and wants to help. I need help with a lot of different issues. I am recommending her to all my friends.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2014

Had a great experience. love the doctor and the office

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

Possible the worst, least compassionate rheumatologist in Michigan. Has no idea of pain managment and has ordered outrageous amount of testing and then does not give you any information about the testing. She doesn't act like she cares at all about what you have to say and she seems absolutely heartless. I would not recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2014

Where do I start. Probably the WORST doctor I've ever been to. She would one visit do blood work, X rays, etc . and the next visit ask me how she could help me. She didn't once tell me any test results, or diagnosis. I found out about the things found in my blood work, X rays, and diagnoses by other doctors when I left the office for another. Worst bedside manner, didn't care at all about pain management, and questioned your symptoms. If you don't want to waste years of your life waiting for a diagnosis, and get sent packing and to call if needed, please go elsewhere. I can't express enough how horrible this doctor is. Especially when autoimmune diseases usually have lots of pain associated with them, and for her not to care even about that, there's no caring or any compassion AT ALL! Don't waste your time or money going to this place. She doesn't care about patients and it's obvious. I can't express enough that she sucks!!!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2014