Ratings for Dr. George T. Besong

I like the doctor but the staff is very bad. They do not return calls or call your insurance. I had to call my insurance to find out my own copays. I wait weeks and have to call them to find out they will not call you back. Dr Besongs wife was very helpful and called me back unlike her staff. The old staff was great but this new staff is horrible.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

All I can say is check with your insurance about all the different visits he wants you to have only to collect additional copays!! No concern or compassion for staff or patients and all appointments lead up to total hysterectomies!!! Puts loyal patients on hold with appointment while he services families and friends with junta walk in while you sit and wait for two hours in the waiting area!!!! Wife is rude and overbearing in the office and all he wants is money!!!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

I just had the laparoscopy surgery to clear up my fibroids, polyps, and large cysts. The surgery was my first and I was terrified. Everything went well Dr. Besong was so calm and explained everything before they put me under anesthesia. my body is healing very fast. My scars are small and eventually will be unnoticed when they finish healing. My belly button was another place they went in and that pain stopped after 1 week. If you are getting this surgery and don't have a job you sit down at ask the Dr for a light duty pass or take 2 weeks off. I took 7 days but that was pushing it and I ended up in extream pain at work. Other then my surgery visit Dr Besong is very blunt and humorous. I think he tries to get you feeling comfortable about your body instead of shy or embarrassed. It helps. I also noticed he likes to find the problem and fix it quickly so be ready for 3 visits one after another. I am so thankful for Dr. Besong because I've tried so many other Dr's who couldn't help me stop the heavy periods, or would overcharge me for unnecessary tests. Thank you Dr besong and staff for being friendly, knowledgeable, helpful and caring!!

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

Had a good visit and no issues. Seemed to really care about what he is doing!

flag | Submitted November 28, 2014

Have waited over an hour for every appointment. Staff is rude--can't be bothered to do their jobs. Doctor is dishonest always trying to get you to come in for separate office visits for things that can be tested at the same time. Does not explain anything, and doesn't listen. Did not run test I specifically asked for or do pap even though my appointment was made for an annual exam plus additional tests. Misdiagnosed me with pcos and tried to schedule me for a hysteroscopy. I hope this office goes out of business because of how poorly they treat their clients.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2014

My first appnt was at 9am... I waited til 12:30 to see this dr. I am pregnant for the 2nd time with concerns, bcz I am pregnant for the 2nd time with noliving children. It took me 10 years to get pregnant again. He told me I am fine, and other drs were wrong about my reproductive system. Tests said I am positive He told me Im not. not til he sees a baby on an untrasound. He didnt prescribe me any prenatals. A week later I started having signs of a miscarriage, I called his office and he told me to go get a DNC immediately. This wouldve been a forced abortion. I just needed bed rest. Which he told me I was fine, and the ER drs told me I am not. I followed up per er with Dr besong for blood results, and he refused to get them. Said they werent needed. How are they not needed?? All pregnant woman get these tests!!! Just found out the office he used to work in fired him for unethical practice and little knowledge. I am def going to a diff gyn. This one is a joke.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2014

flag | Submitted November 21, 2013

If you are not black, hispanic, or young, beware: you are at the bottom of this doctors priority list. Due to his culture, he believes that women are beneath him, especially past the age of fertility. Ironic for a gyno. He denied ever performing any tests on me after I wanted to get a second opinion. After finding out I had an cyst on my ovary, he suggested a WHOLE hysterectomy. His answer to everything is surgery. In addition, his bedside manner is rushed and inappropriate. Office did not feel clean. I am now in the hands of a GOOD doctor, instead of this crook.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2013

I love Dr. Besong. He & his staff are very professional while always making me feel at ease. I am a new mom and they answered all my questions. He was always prompt at both office visits and while in the hospital.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2013

I was treated very well. Was greated and felt welcome. I was in pain and was taken care of immediatly. I researched the information and found Dr. Besong to be right on . I have worked for other local OB?GYN's and was very pleased with the way this office runs. I thank God for this man and will pray for him and his staff as he helps me and others.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2012