Ratings for Dr. Jillian Higgs

Jillian is a good mix of being professional and being personable - I like my GP to be friendly but I don't expect (or even really want) her to be my friend, so Jillian fits the bill well. I'm a bit gobsmacked at the negative comments about Jennifer - I find her efficient and helpful and I'll bet she has to deal with some pretty challenging patients/situations and often is probably following directives (like keeping the floor clean in winter for example) from someone she reports to. I find her anything but intimidating.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

I agree with the negative comments about Jennifer the receptionist, she is not very personable and very rude. Once I saw an older gentlemen come in the winter and he did not know to take his boots off and instead of waiting until he left, as soon as he got up she went over and cleaned the spot he was in, right in front of him! He apologized but she kept cleaning up, like it was the end of the world. She seems friendly but seems fake to me! I wish there was a different receptionist. As for Dr. Jillian, she is friendly and I have always gotten what I needed.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

To begin with, Jennifer the receptionist time and time again makes me feel like a burden to be calling and making an appt with Dr Higgs. She is very intimidating and rude! I most times visit a walk in clinic to avoid her at all costs. On more then numerous occasions she has given me the "wrong" appt time and is never able to work with my busy schedule. She should not be the first impression given to patients. Dr Higgs is genuinely a kind person but I always feel rushed and pushed aside with my concerns and for goodness sakes don't suggest a referral Or any test because if it isn't her idea then she will have no hear of it! (If you do get test ordered guarantee that jennifer will book them incorrectly and it will Somehow be YOUR own fault! ). Dr Higgs needs to find someone who Is better equipped and personable and hopefully these remarks will put into perspective what her patients are feeling (however I highly doubt she would care). You shouldnt feel intimidated or have your concerns pushed aside when visiting your FAMILY doctor...

flag | Submitted January 31, 2016

Amazing doctor who cares as well as a very informed receptionist Jen.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

It is hard to live day to day with pain and illness that you know will be with you for the rest of your life. But having a kind and caring doctor, such as Dr. Higgs, helps to make it a lot easier to stay encouraged, and function as well as possible. The receptionist; Jennifer is a lovely person as well. Her and Dr. Higgs are two of the nicest people I have ever met, and it is always a pleasure to go for my appointment!.....Don Crilley

flag | Submitted December 9, 2015

The only reason Dr Higgs is no longer our family doctor is because we moved away from the area. We miss her professional approach and comes across relatable and if you ask a specific question you will receive a thorough answer. Because of her my daughter was diagnosed with a debilitating disease much sooner than she would have been if Dr Higgs didn't think outside the box and request tests early on for an uncommon disease. We miss both Jennifer and Dr Higgs

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr Higgs for six years. In that time I have NEVER left there feeling cared for. She is cold and dismissive of any concerns you bring to her. "Keep an eye on it" seems to be her motto. I have always felt like I am hassling her when there. She dismissed my ongoing pelvic pain for over a year for which she finally referred me to a gynaecologist who diagnosed me with a condition that required a hysterectomy... I was 37 at the time. She makes you feel like it's all in your head,which makes you even question yourself but since that incident I truly feel like she is there for a pay cheque and not much more! II am definitely more assertive with what I want with regards to blood work, tests and referrals to which she is always reluctant.If it was not for the shortage of physicians I would definitely leave her practise!! Also as a side note I must mention how insincere and awkward she is with my children! With regards to Jenn... I think the other reviews (negative ones) pretty much sum it up!!! My husband and I dread every time we call and when we walk into her office!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2015

Dr. Higgs is great. Very kind, personable and knowledgeable. Sometimes her laid back manner makes it seem like she isn't taking something seriously enough but whenever I ask questions or ask for explanations she always takes the time to make sure I understand. I love her! Her receptionist on the other hand is the definition of condescending. I'd almost rather go to the ER sometimes that deal with her. It's a real shame.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

I have to say that I disagree with many of these comments. I am retired nurse who has worked both in the hospital and in a physician's office. I am very comfortable with both my knowledge and level of assertiveness. I have never had trouble with Jennifer or Dr. Higgs. They also took very good care of a friend while she was diagnosed, treated, and later died of a brain tumour. I am direct wiht what I need/want and they are direct with what they can provide. I can assure you that from my experiences, this is a good team and I am very critical of poor behaviour in the field I know well.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

the receptionist to this doctor is a huge problem If she doesn't like you, forget ever getting in to see Dr Higgs !!!! She will tell you to go to the emergency ward. My question is.......does Dr Higgs know of this & promote it? We hear that emergency rooms are over worked and abused. If we as patients are referred to the emergency ward for things that aren't emergencies then this needs to be addressed !!!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015