You may also like

To begin with, Jennifer the receptionist time and time again makes me feel like a burden to be calling and making an appt with Dr Higgs. She is very intimidating and rude! I most times visit a walk in clinic to avoid her at all costs. On more then numerous occasions she has given me the "wrong" appt time and is never able to work with my busy schedule. She should not be the first impression given to patients. Dr Higgs is genuinely a kind person but I always feel rushed and pushed aside with my concerns and for goodness sakes don't suggest a referral Or any test because if it isn't her idea then she will have no hear of it! (If you do get test ordered guarantee that jennifer will book them incorrectly and it will Somehow be YOUR own fault! ). Dr Higgs needs to find someone who Is better equipped and personable and hopefully these remarks will put into perspective what her patients are feeling (however I highly doubt she would care). You shouldnt feel intimidated or have your concerns pushed aside when visiting your FAMILY doctor...

flag | Submitted January 31, 2016

Amazing doctor who cares as well as a very informed receptionist Jen.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

It is hard to live day to day with pain and illness that you know will be with you for the rest of your life. But having a kind and caring doctor, such as Dr. Higgs, helps to make it a lot easier to stay encouraged, and function as well as possible. The receptionist; Jennifer is a lovely person as well. Her and Dr. Higgs are two of the nicest people I have ever met, and it is always a pleasure to go for my appointment!.....Don Crilley

flag | Submitted December 9, 2015

The only reason Dr Higgs is no longer our family doctor is because we moved away from the area. We miss her professional approach and comes across relatable and if you ask a specific question you will receive a thorough answer. Because of her my daughter was diagnosed with a debilitating disease much sooner than she would have been if Dr Higgs didn't think outside the box and request tests early on for an uncommon disease. We miss both Jennifer and Dr Higgs

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr Higgs for six years. In that time I have NEVER left there feeling cared for. She is cold and dismissive of any concerns you bring to her. "Keep an eye on it" seems to be her motto. I have always felt like I am hassling her when there. She dismissed my ongoing pelvic pain for over a year for which she finally referred me to a gynaecologist who diagnosed me with a condition that required a hysterectomy... I was 37 at the time. She makes you feel like it's all in your head,which makes you even question yourself but since that incident I truly feel like she is there for a pay cheque and not much more! II am definitely more assertive with what I want with regards to blood work, tests and referrals to which she is always reluctant.If it was not for the shortage of physicians I would definitely leave her practise!! Also as a side note I must mention how insincere and awkward she is with my children! With regards to Jenn... I think the other reviews (negative ones) pretty much sum it up!!! My husband and I dread every time we call and when we walk into her office!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2015

Dr. Higgs is great. Very kind, personable and knowledgeable. Sometimes her laid back manner makes it seem like she isn't taking something seriously enough but whenever I ask questions or ask for explanations she always takes the time to make sure I understand. I love her! Her receptionist on the other hand is the definition of condescending. I'd almost rather go to the ER sometimes that deal with her. It's a real shame.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

I have to say that I disagree with many of these comments. I am retired nurse who has worked both in the hospital and in a physician's office. I am very comfortable with both my knowledge and level of assertiveness. I have never had trouble with Jennifer or Dr. Higgs. They also took very good care of a friend while she was diagnosed, treated, and later died of a brain tumour. I am direct wiht what I need/want and they are direct with what they can provide. I can assure you that from my experiences, this is a good team and I am very critical of poor behaviour in the field I know well.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

the receptionist to this doctor is a huge problem If she doesn't like you, forget ever getting in to see Dr Higgs !!!! She will tell you to go to the emergency ward. My question is.......does Dr Higgs know of this & promote it? We hear that emergency rooms are over worked and abused. If we as patients are referred to the emergency ward for things that aren't emergencies then this needs to be addressed !!!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Any dealings I have had with Dr Higgs have always been wonderfully positive. I never feel rushed and feel she has a real concern for my health and welfare Jennifer is wonderful and I don't understand the negative comments. That is not the Jennifer I have ever dealt with - she is ALWAYS smiling despite being crazy busy.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

I have been a patient of dr Higgs for a few years now and I consider her to be an excellent and caring GP. She always makes me feel comfortable and is very kind. However, unfortuntely, when I really need to see dr Higgs I have to go through Jennifer who, no matter what kind of issue it is, sends me to emergency!!!!! Once I went to emergency and they sent me back to my GP whom I could not see because Jennifer would tell me to go to emergency. I landed in Brookside Mall clinic on several occassions when I genuinly had very serious health problems and thank goodness for a doctor who took care of me and sent me immediately for further tests. I am very, very grateful to have a GP in a province that has huge shortage of doctors. On the other hand if you cannot see your doctor when you need to because of Jennifer's attitude how beneficial is it? I am very frustrated.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

Dr. Jillian Higgs's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "To begin with, Jennifer the receptionist time and time again makes me feel like a burden to be calling and making an appt with Dr Higgs. She is very intimidatin..."

January 31, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing doctor who cares as well as a very informed receptionist Jen."

January 22, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "It is hard to live day to day with pain and illness that you know will be with you for the rest of your life. But having a kind and caring doctor, such as Dr. H..."

December 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The only reason Dr Higgs is no longer our family doctor is because we moved away from the area. We miss her professional approach and comes across relatable an..."

November 5, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr Higgs for six years. In that time I have NEVER left there feeling cared for. She is cold and dismissive of any concerns you bring to..."

November 3, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Higgs is great. Very kind, personable and knowledgeable. Sometimes her laid back manner makes it seem like she isn't taking something seriously enough but w..."

October 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have to say that I disagree with many of these comments. I am retired nurse who has worked both in the hospital and in a physician's office. I am very comfo..."

June 23, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "the receptionist to this doctor is a huge problem If she doesn't like you, forget ever getting in to see Dr Higgs !!!! She will tell you to go to the emergen..."

June 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Any dealings I have had with Dr Higgs have always been wonderfully positive. I never feel rushed and feel she has a real concern for my health and welfare Jenn..."

May 19, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of dr Higgs for a few years now and I consider her to be an excellent and caring GP. She always makes me feel comfortable and is very kind..."

February 2, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I couldn't disagree more with all these negative comments. Dr Higgs has been my dr through 2 pregnancies now and she took my blood pressure,checked the heart be..."

January 19, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I had Dr. Higgs, in 2013 for my first pregnancy, I was rushed in and out of all my appointments. I saw her every two weeks, because I previously had a miscarria..."

January 16, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I really like Doctor Higgs. She doesn't seem to have much time to spend with you and wants you in and out that's for sure, so make sure you know what you want ..."

January 15, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. works short hours so don't expect to see her when you are sick and prepare to bite your tongue when dealing with receptionist."

December 26, 2014
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "The receptionist is awful. Just terrible. Dr Higgs is cold and unhelpful. I guess when you are providing a service with a severe shortage of providers you..."

December 8, 2014
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I feel that Dr Higgs is totally inaccessible to me as a patient. How do you get past a rude, curt receptionist like Jenn who guards Dr Higgs like a pitt bull ..."

December 4, 2014