You may also like

Rate Dr. Jillian Higgs

Dr. Jillian Higgs's Ratings

I have to say that I disagree with many of these comments. I am retired nurse who has worked both in the hospital and in a physician's office. I am very comfortable with both my knowledge and level of assertiveness. I have never had trouble with Jennifer or Dr. Higgs. They also took very good care of a friend while she was diagnosed, treated, and later died of a brain tumour. I am direct wiht what I need/want and they are direct with what they can provide. I can assure you that from my experiences, this is a good team and I am very critical of poor behaviour in the field I know well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2846104].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

the receptionist to this doctor is a huge problem
If she doesn't like you, forget ever getting in to see Dr Higgs !!!! She will tell you
to go to the emergency ward. My question is.......does Dr Higgs know of this & promote it?
We hear that emergency rooms are over worked and abused. If we as patients are referred to
the emergency ward for things that aren't emergencies then this needs to be addressed !!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2833773].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Any dealings I have had with Dr Higgs have always been wonderfully positive. I never feel rushed and feel she has a real concern for my health and welfare Jennifer is wonderful and I don't understand the negative comments. That is not the Jennifer I have ever dealt with - she is ALWAYS smiling despite being crazy busy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2811640].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

I have been a patient of dr Higgs for a few years now and I consider her to be an excellent and caring GP. She always makes me feel comfortable and is very kind. However, unfortuntely, when I really need to see dr Higgs I have to go through Jennifer who, no matter what kind of issue it is, sends me to emergency!!!!! Once I went to emergency and they sent me back to my GP whom I could not see because Jennifer would tell me to go to emergency. I landed in Brookside Mall clinic on several occassions when I genuinly had very serious health problems and thank goodness for a doctor who took care of me and sent me immediately for further tests.
I am very, very grateful to have a GP in a province that has huge shortage of doctors. On the other hand if you cannot see your doctor when you need to because of Jennifer's attitude how beneficial is it?
I am very frustrated.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2706467].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 2, 2015

I couldn't disagree more with all these negative comments. Dr Higgs has been my dr through 2 pregnancies now and she took my blood pressure,checked the heart beat and did my measurements at every appointment. She called and told me to come in whenever I could for another matter that she was concerned about right away when she didn't know I had already seen a specialist at the hospital. They had only forwarded her my ultra sound and she took immediate action. She has been nothing but kind and caring to my whole family and I have never felt rushed. I think she's great!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2689915].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2015

I had Dr. Higgs, in 2013 for my first pregnancy, I was rushed in and out of all my appointments. I saw her every two weeks, because I previously had a miscarriage and was considered high risk. As time went on, around 20 weeks, I told her that my feet we're so swollen that it was cutting off my circulation, she said "oh ,that's normal" she didn't look at my feet. Actually, the only thing she ever did in my appointments was check my BP and the baby's heartbeat. It was only until the day of my 25 week appointment with the OBGYN, that I had a seizure while out shopping, rushed into L&D, only to find out that I had the highest level of pre-eclampsia. I was put on medication, and after I was steady, i went to my first OBGYN appointment where the OBGYN took out a measuring tape and measured my belly, and I asked what are you doing, and the OBGYN look surprised, your family doctor doesn't do this? I said no she doesn't. I let Dr. Higgs go after my son was born, but I made sure to bring him to his first appointment, only to find out Miss jenn, called me and gave me a 12:00 apt, which I thought was extremely weird, so I went and she was like, "oh sorry, your appointment was at 11:00" I said why didn't you call me, she said I did....she never called me. Jenn is by far the rudest person I have met, she is beyond fake, and her voice just irritates me, she is the worst receptionist I have ever met. She uses her fake voice to sound like she cares when she doesn't, I'd love to say what I truly think she is, but it's not worth it, the comment enough explain this receptionist! Get rid of this doctor as soon as you can find a new one. She is the worst!!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2686188].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2015

I really like Doctor Higgs. She doesn't seem to have much time to spend with you and wants you in and out that's for sure, so make sure you know what you want to talk about and you'll be fine. She is very quick to refer you to a specialist or for tests. Yes, she needs to relax and take more time to do simple tests like BP and things like that, hopefully that comes with more experience.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2685011].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2015

Dr. works short hours so don't expect to see her when you are sick and prepare to bite your tongue when dealing with receptionist.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2663831].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 27, 2014

The receptionist is awful. Just terrible.
Dr Higgs is cold and unhelpful. I guess when you are providing a service with a severe shortage of providers you can get away with a terrible customer experience.
and LOL at the positive comments below - I wonder if they originate from the receptionists computer.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2646117].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2014

I feel that Dr Higgs is totally inaccessible to me as a patient. How do you get past a rude, curt receptionist like Jenn who guards Dr Higgs like a pitt bull ???? Dr Higgs is awesome when you can get to see her. Jenn plays favorites with patients & I have been told repeatedly that no appointments are available & to go to the emergency room / isn't this an abuse of the ER???? This is a constant problem & is totally unfair & biased / I might as well not have a GP because I never can get an appointment . Good luck to those who have to deal with little Miss pitt Bull Jenn

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2642185].votes_count ]]