Ratings for Dr. Gregory J. O'Shanick

Rip off doctor! Thy said it would cost $300 for the visit. One week after visit I received a bill for $925.00 more. Called and they said visit cost $1,225.00. Now, they want me to make monthly payments of $181.00. I don't owe that. The doctor never called with my results he was the worst. Beware, they will charge you outrageous amounts like they charged me without telling me. I'm disabled and I don't want to be treated like that. Go to a different Neurologist who will accept your insurance and who will communicate with you. God bless all who are suffering!

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

Awesome Dr, other Doctors could learn a lot from him on how to be better doctors and how to treat patients. By far the best Doctor I've had in my 40 years of life. He's like having Dr House from TV with the care and compassion of a hospice nurse. Its wonderful to have a Dr who takes the time to want to know you on not only a medical but personal level, I never have to go through my entire medical history every time I have an appointment because he makes it his business to know. If you read this Dr. O'Shanick, you're never allowed to retire becaue we will never be able to replace you!

flag | Submitted September 28, 2014

flag | Submitted August 20, 2014

He is incredibly knowledgeable about brain injury; very good with patients and his staff is wonderful.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2014

10 Years later I can communicate with my family. He never gave up.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2014

Dr. O'Shanick was knowledgeable, reassuring, and thorough. He was unhurried and answered all of my questions. The staff were wonderful and went out of their way to be helpful. Particularly, Jennifer, but they were all responsive

flag | Submitted May 15, 2013

The only reason punctuality is rated lower is that he does spend time with each of his patients. His time is based on the needs of the patients. I don't mind waiting because he is the best and he takes time with his patients. Has been a miracle worker, with God, for me!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2013

Punctuality should not be expected by him as he deals with individually unique injuries and circumstance. If you want punctual transactional medicine he is not your Dr. I drive 750 miles from Orlando to see him becasue of the transactional attitude of the four doctors I saw in Florida. Helping takes more than 15 minutes and helping has no timeline.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2011

Dr. O'Shanick is treating my wife. When you think of someone with his impeccable academic and professional credentials and professional tenure, you would expect ego bordering upon arrogance. Suprise ! One of the most caring, sensitive professionals I have met (recovering plaintiff's lawyer). FANTASTIC bedside manner. Spent 6 hours with us on our first visit. Other Doctors need lessons in patient care that he has forgotten.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2008

spent 3 hours for a new patient appointment. Is actually a Neuropsychiatrist for Mild to Moderate Traumatic Brain Injury and National Medical Director of The Brain Injury Association of America. Very Sweet, and sensitive. Actually cares about his patients. Talks to family and friends, very thorough. Owner and Medical Director of his own Outpatient Clinic. Wonderful Man/Doctor!He also does legal work, and has a full staff.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2008

Dr. Gregory J. O'Shanick's Credentials

• Univ Of Tx Med Branch Galveston, Galveston Tx 77550 (Grad. 1977)