Ratings for Dr. Alexander Klym

Recommended to us by a family physician, Dr. Klym is highly skilled, knowledgeable, caring and gentle. He has empathy for his patients and this shows in his expert work on my family. Since we began regular care with Dr. Klym, none of us have had cavities in over 5 years. Our previous local dentist at first seemed less expensive, but that dentist would book too many appointments for simple procedures--a sneaky way of overcharging and causing the patient prolonged grief. That dentist actually cost us a lot more money and a lot more pain! By contrast, Dr. Klym is efficient and thorough in minimal time. Simply put, he is the best dentist any of my family and friends have met. By far, we feel he is the best dentist in the area. (He is also well-connected with expert specialists in Toronto if special circumstances arise.) Furthermore, my orthodontist (in Forest Hill, Toronto) finds his work and that of his hygienists exceptional. Visiting doctor Klym is actually a pleasant experience at the dentist! A great preventative doctor in dental care.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

As a kid I did not get the proper dental care required, so now at fifty I have a mouth full of problems. Other dentists seem only interested in getting me into braces or doing strange and expensive surgery. I had a serious problem and my previous dentist would not see me in a timely manner ... Dr Klym's office agreed to see me quickly ... without all the usual preliminary consultations ... he saved my neglected tooth in two 90 min emergency visits ... you should note that I was under the care of another dentist, and that Dr Klym was actually fixing what this other dentist had neglected. Yes ... he seems expensive ... but this man has found under lying problems in my mouth that other so called ultra high end professionals missed or ignored ... this man is very thorough, very professional and very gentle. He is on the top of his game as is his staff ... He suggests treatments that most other dentists don't or won't do as they do not include money making surgery ... Best dentist ever !

flag | Submitted May 7, 2013

I moved to another dentist after having paid what I consider to be an exceptionally large amount for a cleaning for me and my family. He then charged me $45 to photocopy my records before he would send them to another office. Steer clear of this office. They over diagnose and overcharge.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2011

Overcharges --eg charges 30 min of scaling when scaled for less than 15 mins.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2011

nice office, staff are not overly friendly, find they are a very persistant in wanting to do procedures $$$$$$$$

flag | Submitted June 5, 2011

He tried to sell me new crowns while he had my crowns out. Talk about putting me in a vulnerable position. Told him I was not happy about the approach. Did not want to hear my position. They like to clean teeth a lot and like to charge a lot too.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2010

I agree, staff is very aggresive and disrespectful to all ages. Staff needs to relax and stop thinking they are "all that". Money hungry office, thats why there is such a strong staff turnover, cant keep them!!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2010

he's very meticulous and pleasant, takes the time to explain procedures

flag | Submitted December 23, 2009

Would not recommend to anyone. In it for the money. Very rude staff. Calling all the time. Good luck if they know you have insurance. They will push for lots of extra's. Wanting to schedule every 6 months and then a scaling in between. Always pushing my kids for braces and retainers, he must a kick back on this. I would not recommend to anyone. The only good thing is that he is one time.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2009

He's in it for the money. Overfilled many teeth and extracted a tooth that proved to be fine. I went back many times at his request so he could investigate why I was having pain. After moving to another dentist I was told I just needed to use toothpaste for sensative teeth, no pain since. He complained to his staff about forgetting to charge a few bucks for something while I was in the chair frozen waiting. After my insurance payed the bill I would recieve another bill in the mail stating he'd forgotten to charge for something that insurance would not cover after the fact. This happened many times. The turnover of his staff should have been a clue. I reccommend you do not use this dentist.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2008