Ratings for Dr. Joelle Fareau-Weyl

I hope this doctor is suspended, she does a lot of harm to people who are very sick

flag | Submitted September 30, 2016

I had anxiety and this 'doctor' was not a doctor. She was insulting and unhelpful at all. When I told her that I had anxiety, she said that there were people living with missing limbs and they live with it. And that I should live with it too. Wtf??

flag | Submitted May 1, 2016

She is not a doctor..she is a disgrace to mankind! She is destructive with her words, insulting, degrading and on several occasions berated and belittled me, called me names and had me in tears by the end of the session. Incompetent b**ch!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

I went to see this doctor today in Vaughan today for my anxiety and depression. I am absolutely appalled this women is even licensed to be a psychiatrist. She lacks professionalism, empathy, listening skills, compassion or even human WARMTH? Basically anything a psychiatrist is supposed to be she is not. Like many of the other comments here, she spent 50% of the time giving me her opinion and I say opinion because she was not giving me helpful advice or direction and the other 50% typing with two fingers while I stared off into space. She could barely make out what's on the screen with her squinting and struggling to type. Her advice for my severe anxiety was to take dance classes and exercise 30min a day. Seriously? What about cognitive behavioural therapy? What about some guidance or support? I highly doubt when my hands are shaking from anxiety in social situations that dance lessons would be any help. I am disgusted she is even called a doctor. I’ve been waiting a year for a psychiatrist and after many referrals and wait lists this is what I encounter. I deeply saddened that this is the quality of mental health that is provided for people who are suffering.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE.....STAY AWAY FROM THIS DOCTOR, IF YOU CAN CALL HER A DOCTOR??

flag | Submitted August 14, 2015

This doctor works out of Vaughan now in a clinic. I went to see her and had a similar experience to others. She did not make eye contact and typed with 2 fingers. The majority of the appointment was me watching her type. I am concerned about energy levels and being able to get stuff done and she told me that I should be lucky to sleep because many people cant. She missed the point of me sleeping too much. She also quoted that some people work shift work and imagine how they do it. She is not the doctor to see for any reason. What a JOKE. If you are looking for any kind of support empathy guidelines direction or any related to general health and well being- go to someone else.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2015

I was refered to by my md to help with depression, anxiety and ptsd. I was in a crucial car accident and desparatley needed attention. It took this doctor 5 months to go over my file and still no response if she would take me on as a patient. After calling her office for three weeks straight finally my family doctor got notice she declined me as a patient stating she could not assist me and I need a brain trauma appointment at the nearest hospital. When I called back to question why I wasn't notified and left hanging all this time the receptionists acted as if I was asking them to create purple grass. This doctor left me hanging for over 5 months because she was to lazy to care about any patient. Disgusted with this doctor and I have nothing even slightly positive to say about this experience.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

I saw this Doctor and I use the term Doctor sparingly. The two times i saw her were by far one of the worse experiences of my life. I cannot understand how she is still practicing psychiatry. She is rude, and condescending., Some one should remind her that she is suppose to help patients, not make them worse. She begins a session by typing into her computer with 2 fingers and chastising you. I spent about ½ to ¾ of the appointment looking at the wall and becoming more agitated and upset while she typed on. The sessions ended with her standing and telling me to continue reading a book she recommended. I got absolutely nothing from going to her, in fact i was worse off! If you get a referral to see her...Run a mile, she is not only a terrible psychiatrist, she is bad person! I only wish that i didn't have to give her "1" star she doesn't even deserve that!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

My girlfriend was referred to this doctor as a result of depression and we were optimistic that this would help with her plight. I dropped her off at the appointment and when I picked her up, she was absolutely distraught with what she described as the worst experience she has ever encountered with a medical professional. She was extremely judgmental and offered constant criticism of our lifestyle (co-habitating before marriage) and basically be riled her for not finishing her university degree(though she told the doctor that she was back in school). She lacked empathy and kept reiterating what she would do "if" she were my girlfriend's mother. My girlfriend left the appointment extremely depressed and will mostly likely need a therapist to undo the effects of this visit. I hope that someone reviews this doctor's practices as she may cause irreparable harm to someone already on the edge.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2014

I rarely take the time to write reviews but given that I am serious about mental health issues and being an advocate for those who cannot I felt it was very important. The review from June 10, 2014 is totally accurate. I had the misfortune I being referred to this doctor. Very sad that she is even allowed to practice. Please do not waste your time and get the proper care that you deserve.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014