You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Eve Chung Tsai

After learning that I had 2 disks in my neck that ruptured and were compressing my spinal cord, I met with Dr. Tsai to review my options. She clearly explained my options and the pros and cons of each. After a successful surgery and recovery, I had nothing but positive experiences in my appointments with Dr. Tsai. I have always found her to be pleasant, funny and very professional. As an adult, I understood the gravity of my condition and greatly appreciated her upfront nature. I will always be grateful for her abilities as a doctor and as a human being.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2016

A MRI showed I had a severe herniated disk between the L4 & L5 vertebra which caused numbness and pain in my right leg for a year. After meeting with Dr Tsai, she indicated that a surgery would yield a 80% chance of improvement, 15% chance of no no improvement and 5% chance of my leg pain being worse. With those odds I took the decision to have the surgery on May 18th 2016, two weeks after I met with Dr Tsai. After the surgery, I had no more pain in my right leg and feel great 4 days later. We are truly fortunate to have Dr Tsai in Ottawa. Nobody should spend more than three months with a physiotherapist or chiropractor to ease leg pain related to herniated disk. For those who thinks she lacks social skills, she just does not want to put pressure on you. She gives you the odds of success and in the end, it is your decision. I think she is an amazing surgeon and person.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Tsai by my family physician as I required cervical spine surgery on the C-5. Of course I waited a couple of months for an appointment but once she explained the reason for the delay, everything was put in perspective. I was never treated so well by herself, (Carol Ann is the best) and her surgical team. I've never been in the OR that I met my surgical team and they explained their functions. I woke up with no pain, not even at the incision site. I was truly blessed that my physician recommended Dr. Tsai and appreciate her greatly. The final say to have this surgery was mine and mine alone; she provided the guidance that I needed to make this decision. Yes, you could be waiting a few hours the day of your appointment but one has to remember you are in a hospital, if she is needed elsewhere, that's where she needs to be because if it was YOU that needed her, you would want her ASAP. I only have extremely high regards for her and her staff. So proud to have her as my doctor. I thank her in my prayers every day.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2016

If there is a negative number to put for Dr Eve Tsai I would put it .. Never in my life have I met such an arrogant, cold hearted person such as her ... I was doing testing, I fell over and hurt myself .. my wife and daughter helped me up .. did she ask if I was ok .. nope .. not a single facial expression .. then I decide to do some research and find a discrimination law suit against her that the hospital tried to cover up ... explains why she was rude to me .. This is not over Doctor .. your legal department will be hearing from me ... oh .. try and cover this one up I have witnesses.. she also made us wait 2 hours.. comes in and makes us go to the next room ?

Submitted February 24, 2016

Dr Tsai is an absolute asset to the Ottawa hospital. She performed a lumbar lacemectomy and decompression on my back on May 22 2015. She did fantastic job and I consider myself priveledged to have had her as my surgeon. I woke up from my surgery with absolutely no pain left in either of my legs or back and continue to be pain free. This was like a miracle to me as I have suffered from 2003 with constant pain and side effect from lyrica and cymbolta and tylonol4 with minimal relief Dr Tsai has given me back my life that I had practically given up on ever seeing again. She is a true angel among men and I owe her unwavering gratitude. I have seen comments about her personality. I have to say they are unfounded by myself and my wife. We liked her. She was straight forward to the point, answered every question asked of her and was not pushy on anything. She is a true credit to the Ottawa hospital and I have nothing but praise for her. Thank you from the bottom of my heart Dr Tsai. You are simply amazing

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Tsai and her staff. She performed back surgery on me last week and I am already feeling better than I have in the past few years. Everyone including the admin staff ( Thanks Carol Ann) were outstanding.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

I had the good fortune to have Dr Tsai do my back surgery. She explained what the problem was and what I could expect from the surgery. She called my husband immediately after the surgery to let him know that I was doing well. Yes, I had to wait to see her and for the surgery but she gave me my life back. You could not ask for a better doctor!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

Undoubtedly an intelligent individual, but very limited interpersonal skills. Not a great experience for someone nervous about being there in the first place. I left confused and frustrated. I suggest bringing a list of questions and a very specific list/journal with pain symptoms.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

A six month waiting period has become over two and a half years! And I still wait

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

After suffering for years with severe pain and numbness in my legs and feet and not being able to walk more than a few feet before having to bend forward to relieve the pressure and pain, I was referred to Dr. Tsai after speaking to a co-worker. I saw her on March 27, 2013 and was in the OR on April 9, 2013!! She was expecting and wouldn't be around for much longer than that. My consultation was lengthy and informative - she knows her stuff but the final decision was mine to make. I had severe osteo-spinal stenosis and during a 4 hours surgery had L2-L6 shaved, spinal column scraped and 4th disc removed (would cause problems down the road). Initial recovery was difficult but I was back to work within 2 months and today feel amazing. I went to her for help and she delivered - outstanding!! She has an amazing team and she is truly gifted in what she does best which is fix people. Sun shines, sky is blue, grass is green ... again! I would highly recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2014

Dr. Eve Chung Tsai's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After learning that I had 2 disks in my neck that ruptured and were compressing my spinal cord, I met with Dr. Tsai to review my options. She clearly explained ..."

May 31, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "A MRI showed I had a severe herniated disk between the L4 & L5 vertebra which caused numbness and pain in my right leg for a year. After meeting with Dr Tsai, s..."

May 22, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr. Tsai by my family physician as I required cervical spine surgery on the C-5. Of course I waited a couple of months for an appointment but..."

March 12, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "If there is a negative number to put for Dr Eve Tsai I would put it .. Never in my life have I met such an arrogant, cold hearted person such as her ... I was ..."

February 24, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Tsai is an absolute asset to the Ottawa hospital. She performed a lumbar lacemectomy and decompression on my back on May 22 2015. She did fantastic job and..."

June 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Tsai and her staff. She performed back surgery on me last week and I am already feeling better than I have in th..."

May 26, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I had the good fortune to have Dr Tsai do my back surgery. She explained what the problem was and what I could expect from the surgery. She called my husband im..."

January 7, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Undoubtedly an intelligent individual, but very limited interpersonal skills. Not a great experience for someone nervous about being there in the first place. ..."

September 23, 2014