You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Eve Chung Tsai

I was referred to Dr. Tsai by my family physician as I required cervical spine surgery on the C-5. Of course I waited a couple of months for an appointment but once she explained the reason for the delay, everything was put in perspective. I was never treated so well by herself, (Carol Ann is the best) and her surgical team. I've never been in the OR that I met my surgical team and they explained their functions. I woke up with no pain, not even at the incision site. I was truly blessed that my physician recommended Dr. Tsai and appreciate her greatly. The final say to have this surgery was mine and mine alone; she provided the guidance that I needed to make this decision. Yes, you could be waiting a few hours the day of your appointment but one has to remember you are in a hospital, if she is needed elsewhere, that's where she needs to be because if it was YOU that needed her, you would want her ASAP. I only have extremely high regards for her and her staff. So proud to have her as my doctor. I thank her in my prayers every day.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2016

If there is a negative number to put for Dr Eve Tsai I would put it .. Never in my life have I met such an arrogant, cold hearted person such as her ... I was doing testing, I fell over and hurt myself .. my wife and daughter helped me up .. did she ask if I was ok .. nope .. not a single facial expression .. then I decide to do some research and find a discrimination law suit against her that the hospital tried to cover up ... explains why she was rude to me .. This is not over Doctor .. your legal department will be hearing from me ... oh .. try and cover this one up I have witnesses.. she also made us wait 2 hours.. comes in and makes us go to the next room ?

Submitted February 24, 2016

Dr Tsai is an absolute asset to the Ottawa hospital. She performed a lumbar lacemectomy and decompression on my back on May 22 2015. She did fantastic job and I consider myself priveledged to have had her as my surgeon. I woke up from my surgery with absolutely no pain left in either of my legs or back and continue to be pain free. This was like a miracle to me as I have suffered from 2003 with constant pain and side effect from lyrica and cymbolta and tylonol4 with minimal relief Dr Tsai has given me back my life that I had practically given up on ever seeing again. She is a true angel among men and I owe her unwavering gratitude. I have seen comments about her personality. I have to say they are unfounded by myself and my wife. We liked her. She was straight forward to the point, answered every question asked of her and was not pushy on anything. She is a true credit to the Ottawa hospital and I have nothing but praise for her. Thank you from the bottom of my heart Dr Tsai. You are simply amazing

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Tsai and her staff. She performed back surgery on me last week and I am already feeling better than I have in the past few years. Everyone including the admin staff ( Thanks Carol Ann) were outstanding.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

I had the good fortune to have Dr Tsai do my back surgery. She explained what the problem was and what I could expect from the surgery. She called my husband immediately after the surgery to let him know that I was doing well. Yes, I had to wait to see her and for the surgery but she gave me my life back. You could not ask for a better doctor!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

Undoubtedly an intelligent individual, but very limited interpersonal skills. Not a great experience for someone nervous about being there in the first place. I left confused and frustrated. I suggest bringing a list of questions and a very specific list/journal with pain symptoms.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

A six month waiting period has become over two and a half years! And I still wait

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

After suffering for years with severe pain and numbness in my legs and feet and not being able to walk more than a few feet before having to bend forward to relieve the pressure and pain, I was referred to Dr. Tsai after speaking to a co-worker. I saw her on March 27, 2013 and was in the OR on April 9, 2013!! She was expecting and wouldn't be around for much longer than that. My consultation was lengthy and informative - she knows her stuff but the final decision was mine to make. I had severe osteo-spinal stenosis and during a 4 hours surgery had L2-L6 shaved, spinal column scraped and 4th disc removed (would cause problems down the road). Initial recovery was difficult but I was back to work within 2 months and today feel amazing. I went to her for help and she delivered - outstanding!! She has an amazing team and she is truly gifted in what she does best which is fix people. Sun shines, sky is blue, grass is green ... again! I would highly recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2014

Doctor was very good the first visit. The second time she was pulled away a couple of times. Still amazed at how good this doctor is.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2014

I have no doubt that Dr. Tsai is a highly educated and skillful neurosurgeon however she sorely lacks social and verbal skills so necessary in her profession. After a three hour wait her rapid fire cross examination only served to raise my anxiety level. She showed little concern for my chronic pain and the complete experience was a waste of time.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2013

Dr. Eve Chung Tsai's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr. Tsai by my family physician as I required cervical spine surgery on the C-5. Of course I waited a couple of months for an appointment but..."

March 12, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "If there is a negative number to put for Dr Eve Tsai I would put it .. Never in my life have I met such an arrogant, cold hearted person such as her ... I was ..."

February 24, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Tsai is an absolute asset to the Ottawa hospital. She performed a lumbar lacemectomy and decompression on my back on May 22 2015. She did fantastic job and..."

June 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Tsai and her staff. She performed back surgery on me last week and I am already feeling better than I have in th..."

May 26, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I had the good fortune to have Dr Tsai do my back surgery. She explained what the problem was and what I could expect from the surgery. She called my husband im..."

January 7, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Undoubtedly an intelligent individual, but very limited interpersonal skills. Not a great experience for someone nervous about being there in the first place. ..."

September 23, 2014