Ratings for Dr. Cathie H. Butterworth

I went to this dentist years ago upon the recommendation of Chiropractor Jack Thompson. I must say the experience was amazing. I read the newest ratings and just don't know what the issue may have been, but I do know Dr Butterworth is a good dentist; and its worth checking to see if she has the right thing for you. I am happy with her past experience, though I have been out of the area for a long time.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

Gave a quote for services - provided just those services - then charged $445 extra - nearly twice as much. Said their office is not responsible for verifying insurance codes and that they will not check again with the insurance company - just pay what they say!

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

Excellent dental office! Consistent, knowledgable, thorough, gental and wonderful chair side manner. Helpful and friendly staff from the moment you walk through the front door.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

Dr. Butterworth is completely incompetent, rude and is only money driven! She wanted my child to have a cavity filled on a loose baby tooth. When I disagreed and explained the tooth is already loose why put my child through this knowing the permanent tooth is fine. She became frustrated and angry at me in front of my child and disrespected me. We will never return!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

I had work done by Dr. B. She capped a tooth and filled one over the few months I went there. I had terrible pain in one of the fillings, when I went to another dentist he found she had just filled a tooth and did not remove the infection under the filling . Worst dentist ever, just money driven, get the patents in and out and bill them. Stay away!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

Dear prospective patients. I have read all of the above reviews. I am a current patient of Dr. Cathie's along with the rest of my family. I would strongly advise you to use your common sense and give her practice a chance before believing these negative reviews. People can write whatever they like here with total anonymity. The facts are the staff that were rude and not knowledgable we're released from duty. ( That may account for some of these negative reviews.) dr. Cathie is doing everything she can to ensure patient satisfaction and good dental care. Just trust your judgement, make up your own mind after meeting her and the staff. I think she is a very knowledgable dentist with a sweet demeanor and compassionate staff. I highly recommend her and her practice to you and your family.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2012

STAY AWAY! Don't let their happy staff and decorated office fool you. I needed a new 3 teeth bridge in the front; however, they talked me into a bridge and three Lumineers on the other side to 'balance' my smile. What a joke! One tooth that was under the bridge broke and needed a root canal with a week of the placement. The Lumineers they put in where very bulky (nothing like my original teeth). I contacted them 3x b/c the color and shades were not matching the bridge and the Lumineers. They even saw me at the office twice to 'see what I was talking about.' They claimed there was no color/shade variation...which there was. I've since, left their office...have steered clear of them and have NEVER recommended them. They had no problem taking me money or my payout from insurance, they DID have a problem with fixing my teeth. I had to pay another dentist for an entire new bridge and basic porcelain veneers. I had 2 later dentists that even commented on the poor work this office did.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2012

wonderful office- love the therapy dogs and how everyone is happy. I got a paraffin hand treatment and a massgae chair pad

flag | Submitted March 22, 2012

By far the worst dental experience I've ever had. Rude staff, long wait times, etc. You are herded in and out of the office like cattle!!! But not without first being asked to pay a fortune for things you don't need. Don't expect to spend more than 3.2 seconds with Dr. "B" (Butterworth). She will breeze in and out of your room before you even have a chance to ask questions about the 9 cavities the hygeniest just told you that you have. I received a second opinion from a different dentist who actually takes time to get to know their patients and it turns out that I had 0 cavities. I get the impression that this office is more about production and money than caring about their patients. This dentist is not worth the time or the money!!!!

flag | Submitted January 10, 2012

Everyone at the front desk is friendly except for Pate. She is so hateful to all of her employees. I have never seen an office that is so unprofessional to their staff. I work in the medical field myself and it is unacceptable to maintain an office the way Pate does. I would not recommend this office to anyone. They are in need of patient's so badly that they call several times a week to try to have me make an appointment. I have went there twice and will never go again.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2011