Ratings for Dr. Gautam Phookan

I had an EMG done and I've had an MRI that shows I have collasped disks at C-5 and C-7...I am in extreme pain from the nerves being compressed somewhere in my c-5..I can't turn my head to the right and I've lived like this for almost a year. He stated there is nothing he can do and when I told him I can't live like this he started throwing things around and saying this is what he does for a living and there are is nothing he can do to help me and that collasped disks is not a reason to have surgery. I am asking my doctor to refer me to someone else..I wouldn't not my worst enemy to this doctor. He is very unprofessional and his manners are horrible .

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

Had doctor appointment today.. My primary doctor had a MRI done one my back because of pain and numbness down my leg and dr. Gautam Phookan basically said there is nothing to do.. He obviously didn't read the MRI report.. Smh now need to go for second opinion.. I wouldn't recommend him at all.. His bedside manor sucks ..

flag | Submitted November 7, 2014

Patient walked in ER after surgery with this doctor. Paralized, left hospital after surgery to visit family in other country for the holidays. His partner doctor had to redo his surgery. He put a cage in that was to large and caused spinal cord damage.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2012

this doctor crippled me for life he did a spinal fushion by taking two bars, eight screws, and wrapped a wire all the way around my spine. And my doctor now says he has never seen anything like it before. So now i am in a wheel chair, can't walk alone, and on extreme pain killers.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2010

THIS DR. IS BY FAR THE WORST DOCTOR I THINK I'VE EVER BEEN TO. I HAD AN MRI WHICH CONFIRMED SPINAL STENOSIS. I ALSO HAVE ALL THE SYMPTOMS OF SPINAL STENOSIS. DR. PHOOKAN PRETTY MUCH THREW ASIDE MY MRI REULTS AND TOLD ME NOT TO WORRY ABOUT THE SPINAL STENOSIS, THAT IT WAS NOT CAUSING ALL OF THE SYMPTOMS WHICH I WAS HAVING. NOTHING ELSE ON THE MRI INDICATED OTHERWISE. WHAT A QUACK. BEWARE OF THIS DOCTOR UNLESS YOU LIKE DOCTORS THAT SUCK, IN THAT CASE HAVE AT IT. BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE, CHOOSE ANOTHER DOCTOR IF YOU ARE ABLE TO BECAUSE THIS ONE DEFINETLY MUST HAVE CHEATED HIS WAY THROUGH MED SCHOOL.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2009

BEWARE!!! DO YOUR RESEARCH, MAYBE GET 2ND OPINION. EXTREMELY HIGH INFECTION RATES!!!!

flag | Submitted September 10, 2009

Very caring, kind and extremely competent. Would recommend him to anyone. Saved my son who had two brain bleeds in a year.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2009

Dr. Gautam Phookan's Credentials

• Assam Med Coll, Dibrugarh Univ, Dibrugarh, Assam, India (Grad. 1981)