Ratings for Dr. Robert G. Carpenter

He no longer practices in Illinois. Lovely man, kind and decent. Generous. Great personality. Will use your time talking and you feel great and then you realize nothing happened medically. You were not helped. Poor diagnostician.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2016

Dr Carpenter chews up way too much time with anecdotes from his past, his family, his home, and more. It feels like an abuse of the power differential between us, as I do not feel free to waste his time chattering on about trivial nonsense. When I'm in to see him about concurrent problems, he'll focus on one and ignore the others, leaving me frustrated and floundering. He thinks he's funny, but his jokes can be thoughtless and hurtful. I believe he is intelligent and wants to help. I "inherited" him when my doctor left the practice. I'll be looking to find a doctor more interested in me than himself.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2014

Dr. Carpenter is a kind, caring man. However, it is difficult to obtain a timely appointment with him, and when one does, the wait time is completely unacceptable. He is chronically late. Often, conversations tend to shift to subjects unrelated to your current visit, which is frustrating. I do believe he is a good doctor, but I think many patients will find the experience rather disconcerting.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2014

great personality, explains things so you understand, makes you feel at ease

flag | Submitted February 10, 2014

Dr. Carpenter is the best doctor I have ever had. He spends as much time with you as you need, listens to not only your issues, but listens about your family history. He visited me in the hospital on his day off when I had a heart procedure. We will miss him in Naperville. IL, but wish him well in Maine.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2013

He spent time explaining all the options available. He treated my wife as she battled lung cancer. He provided referrals to other doctors who were specialists when required. He visited her while in the hospital and supported her when hospice was used at the end. He treated my daughter when she had kidney cancer and made sure she was being treated properly. Her cancer has been in remission for over 10 years. He treated me for knee problems successfully. He took enough time with all of us to make us feel he really cared about us. To those who complain about him being late I ask them if they complained when he was spending time with them answering their questions while other patients were waiting to see him? We all miss him here in Naperville but wish him the very best as he continues his life’s journey Greetings and salutations my friend. Love Jerry

flag | Submitted June 2, 2013

very helpful shows concern for medical issues and symptoms knowledgable

flag | Submitted April 8, 2013

Dr. Carpenter treated my wife with Lupus for nearly 15 years. He also became my internist. Yes, give yourself extra time in the waiting room. But know that this man is kind-hearted, has a personal obsession for your medical details and can converse with the mightiest medical minds. He was like a good uncle to my children during these years watching them grow. He has high energy with no ego. He finds life interesting. Illinois lost a great doctor who deserves an oceanside view.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2013

Dr. Robert Carpenter is by far, the most caring, compasionate and knowledgeable doctor I have seen in over 50 years!! So what he runs late sometimes, any good doctor worth his MANY degrees, is WORHT THE WAIT!!!! He ALWAYS listens, asks appropriate questions, discusses options but most importantly, he & his staff treat you as if they're treating there own family. I'm disgusted anyone would even get pissed about silly wait times to try to diminish this fine doctor!! Bring a book!!!! KHG

flag | Submitted March 16, 2013

Dr. Robert Carpenter is THE BEST doctor I have ever had! And I've had a lot of doctors. After being tossed around between several doctors for 8 months for an illness that turned my skin purple and was so debilitating that I could hardly walk and could barely lift my handbag, I finally found Dr. Carpenter. He knew instantly what was wrong with me. He read my 8 page family medical history and personal medical history and ran a series of tests to be sure since it's a rare and chronic disease. Since the 8 months we lost were crucial to our ability to fight the disease and catch/prevent cancers that may Also have been present Dr immediately pulled me from work and hospitalized me for more than a week to run a multitude of tests. In the years that followed I knew I found the right doctor. He is the most intelligent and caring doctor I ever met. In fact, caring is what he does Best. Illinois lost an outstanding man/ doctor when he moved to Maine. The folks of Kennebunk will soon understand.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2013

Dr. Robert G. Carpenter's Credentials

• Univ Of Il Coll Of Med, Chicago Il 60680 (Grad. 1980)

Top Hospitals in Naperville, IL