Ratings for Dr. Brian N. Campolattaro

2.5 hours wait as if we are in an ER!!! Ridiculous!!! I am definitely looking for a new practice!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2017

My 1 month daughter had a complication in her eyes and he behaved as if it was his daughter and immediately referred us to the top cornea specialist in the US & made sure we got an immediate appointment. He gave us his cell phone and made sure we communicated daily. we are in debited to him for his dedication and cate for our daughters wellness.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

Amazing Doctor! He successfully corrected my daughters lazy eye and we could not be happier. Yes, the wait to see him is terrible in his Elmwood Park office, but I would rather wait 6hrs to see a great doctor, then 5min to see a mediocre doctor, after all we are talking about a child's eyes...what is more important, my time/dinner plans or quality care by an amazing doctor for one of my kids? I choose to wait and find him worth it. Take a book, a gaming system for your kid, and a snack....

flag | Submitted November 14, 2013

Although some of the staff are not as polite as they should be, you could not have a better ophthalmologist than Dr. Campolattaro. Do not let the other ratings deceive you. I would like to clarify, there is waiting time. You have to wait because there is a process for a full exam, picture of the eye, testing, then dilation with drops, then waiting for the drops to work, then exam with the doctor. There is never a quick in and out eye exam. He sees many patients because he is an excellent doctor in great demand. Yes, you have to wait, but it is worth it. My son has been a patient since he was a toddler and is now 21. When my son was diagnosed with a rare eye disease as an infant, we travelled all over the states to find the best doctor, and Dr. Campolattaro was absolutely the best choice.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2013

Terrible! No doctor should ask a child to wait for over three hrs and get 2 minutes eye check! It is ridiculous! And with 2 mins check, would you believe your child gets the high quality service?

flag | Submitted May 24, 2013

Why do I have to wait three hours to see dr. Campolattaro? I have been waiting in the waiting room (on the floor) and no one is telling us how much longer. I'm hungry, tired, and I was supposed to go away for Mothers day weekend.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2013

The staff in the midtown manhattan office is ridiculously unhelpful and incompetant. Twice, we had confirmed appointments that the office did not record -- in one instance, we showed up for an appt and were told that their records showed our appt was a week later; and in another instance we made an appt, received written confirmation, then called to reschedule and were told that their records showed our appt was on another date entirely. When we do have appointments it is typical for us to wait approximately 2 hours past the appt time to meet with the doctor. It is an unbelievably challenging experience, particularly with a 13 month old.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2013

My husband did a surgery with him for strabismus and we are very please with the results, now my husband only sees one image and does not struggle with his daily chores. His staff its not only friendly but also very professional. Dr. campolattaro was professional before, during and after the surgery. The only thing i can say to him and his staff its Thank you so much for you every thing.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2012

Love him and his staff. He performed 2 surgeries on my son (at 5yrs and at 7yrs of age). So happy with the results and with his mannerism to my son and to me. Staff had always been helpful and yes there is a wait, but he is a great doctor.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2011

the wait was very bad, they give us one time and we are made to wait more than an hour, people walk after and go before us, wonder how, i was 10 min earlier to my appointment, filled forms and ready, waited with my kid for long and was very frustrated, staff there are very partial to specific patients, they just slip a file in between the others waiting, the one at reception was very impolite. suggest they give an idea of what the wait is and prepare for the first tests , before appointment.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2010

Dr. Brian N. Campolattaro's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School (Grad. 1990)

Oxford