Ratings for Dr. George Spencer

Both my wife and I have been seeing DR. Spencer for approx 4 years.. By far the best doctor that we have had. We find him to be caring and concerned.. It is because of his advice that we were both able to loose some extra pounds.. He even called us at home with results.. He is direct and to the point which we both appreciate very much...

flag | Submitted October 31, 2012

I recently saw Dr. Spencer due to recurrent major depression which has been an on and off situation. Instead of recommending anti-depressants or other alternatives, Dr. Spencer lectured me on the fact I should be happy with what I have in life and quit complaining. I needed treatment!! I felt he was dismissive, curt and unhelpful. I later went to another clinic and saw someone who actually listened and prescribed medication.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2012

This doctor should retire. I have seen him recently and he was rude and is not a good listener. He does not remember me from recent visits to him and he never knows the results or info he has obtained from me before. Poor poor service. I hope he retires soon. He is dnot a good example for our health services

flag | Submitted December 5, 2011

I first went to Dr Spencer as a very ill diabetic and he has taken excellent care of me. I wasn't just prescribed medications I was given lengthy, helpful talks about dietary needs, physical activity needs etc. I've never felt rushed and always felt Dr Spencer was very "present" and attentive. I find him very personable and friendly to talk to.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2011

Dr. Spenser is our mothers Dr. She is of the generation that thinks that Dr. know everything and so you trust him and what he does. I can not state here everything that makes us, her children leary of Dr. Spencers skills but just last week he asked that we bring in a list of her medications,(?) does he not know what she is taking? He seems so incompetent. If our mother didn't have so much history with Dr. Spenser we would certainly find a new Dr. This this morning I called the office at 8:30 am to cancel a 9:20 appt. (as our mother had been at the hospital last night), the woman on the phone was so RUDE, and condecending, she said that she was the "manager" . Not the type of person you want dealing with your patients!!!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2011

I came to see Dr. Spencer due to very low mood and depression over a recent trauma. I was told to "pick myself up and get on with things and there is nothing to be depressed about". I did not feel supported at all and left feeling worse from when I stepped in the office.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2011

I was so offended by this doctor!! I took my daughter there because of a sore throat, fever and swollen glands. Within seconds of announcing that she had indeed Strep, he pounced on her for her weight issues. My daughter cried while he berated her and myself for her eating habits. He told her to lay off the "Pepsi", carbohydrates, etc. My daughter is 10 years old!! I thought that was very insensitive of him as we were in there regarding a complete different matter and this was at a Walk In Clinic on a Sunday. We do have a family doctor whom I feel that this was something to be discussed with him rather than the Walk In Clinic doctor. Should I ever need to visit that clinic again, I will walk out if he is practicing that day. He has the bedside manner of a buffoon. Fortunately he had a fabulous MOA who more than compensated for his rude and snobbish behaviour. I hope sincerely that he retires soon and I hope that I never need his advice should he be working at any local hospitals here!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2011

Dr. Spencer was the walk-in doctor as mine was out of town. I went in for a simple prescription renewal. Later I noticed he put the wrong dose on the prescription, even though for years I have been getting the same dose. The pharmacist said Dr. Spencer would not refill it and I had to come back into speak to him. It is an hour and a half wait most of the time, so I called the receptionist to advise that Dr. Spencer should read the notes. I was not impressed.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2010

I agree with 12/17/07. He is curt and to the point and not overly friendly, but does seek to find out what's wrong. I think he's a good doctor. For me he has ordered appropriate diagnostic tests and followed up as necessary - he even called me himself once about some results.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2010

On more than one occasion I have contacted Dr. Spencer and accompanied my mother to his office to raise my concerns that she is being over medicated and suffering too many side effects. Although she get along well with him ,I find him to be a bit arrogant, and defensive about his prescriptions, and not interested in listening to the concerns of a lay-person who is capable of googling up the side effects of drugs. I feel he is too quick to prescribe drugs for every complaint.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2010