Ratings for Dr. Richard Dalfen

A good friend of mine was followed for 2 years by Dr Dalfen, for a very advanced and terminal cancer. He was on the brink of death when he was first diagnosed, and thanks to Dr Dalfen and his care he survived for 2 good years. He never gave up on him, but always focused on quality of life, which in the end, was what mattered most. My friend was very fond of his doctor, and never wanted to be treated anywhere else but at St Mary's. Dr Dalfen was always kind and truly caring. As an MD myself, i know good care when i see it.. and wish the many satisfied patients would be as vocal as the dissatisfied ones, so that reviews on sites such as this one would be more reflective of reality.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2016

Je ne recommande ce docteur par qui mon mari etait suivi et decede. Ce docteur est d'une lenteur pour reagir ce qui n'aide pas lorsqu'il est question de vie ou de mort. On a du attendre parfois 3heures pour que mon mari ait enfon son rv. Il ne passe pas plus que 5minutes avec son patients et donc on n'a pas beaucoup d'informations. Le docteur s'est montre tres irresponsable en donnant son accord pour nous permettre de voyager alors que le cancer de mon mari ne faisait qu'augmenter. Il lui a simplement dit que c'etait a ses risques et perils. Quand mon mari etait en fin de vie, il n'a jamais telephone pour voir si tout allait bien. Quand j'ai voulu faire des demarches a l'etranger pour soigner mon mari, il a paru offusquer et m'a demande pourquoi je faisais ca. Je lui ai dit que je ne remet pas en doute ses competances mais que j'entendais qu'il y avait d'autres traitements disponibles ailleurs dans le monde. Je voulais que mon mari essaye l'immunotherapie. Le docteur ne savait meme pas ce que c'etait. Pourtant, une des infirmieres pivot m'a dit qu' on lui en donnait un peu dans son traitement de chimio. A croire que le docteur ne savait meme pas ce qui etait prescrit a son patient. Et ca, c'est sans parler de son francais mediocre. Si vous voulez gagner contre le cancer, vous feriez mieux de prendre un autre docteur qui est plus reactif, plus organise et qui se preoccupe lui aussi de votre sante. Il reste qu'il est quand meme sympatique, mais ce n'est malheureusement pas suffisant pour ce genre de travail

flag | Submitted December 27, 2015

The worst Dr. I've seen in my life, My husband had liver cancer, he never care about him, when he ask him to make a test like ultrasound ... He never give him the result . One of the visit we had with him , he didn't met my husband , we wait more than 30 minutes for him in the exam room, we saw him pass repeatedly , he didn't look to us, finally he sent another doctor to exam my husband. 20 days before my husband passed away, we went to the emergency of the hospital, because my husband was short of breath, we ask to see Dr Dalfen , ( he told me what I can do for you? ) and he send us to home. .....

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

Dr. Dalfen is an experienced and knowledgeable oncologist. His beside manner, however, leaves much to be desired. He doesn't volunteer much information during appointments. My advice is you should come prepared with your questions and he will do his best to answer them. My experience with him as my oncologist so far has been positive. If you are looking for a shoulder to cry on or to vent, he is not the doctor for that.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2015

Ask a question, and his reaction is defensive and grumpy - it is as though he thinks you are questioning his competence. His knowledge is probably considerable, his competence probably high, but he just doesn't seem to know that a very important part of his job is to be a consultant for his patients, and to at least try to curb his impatience and answer their questions whether he thinks they are bad or good.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2014

Great Oncologist - has taken good care of me. Always available.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2012

Ridiculously incompetent. Makes statements that other doctors are responsible for, not himself. In addition had told my mother that all her treatments were cancelled because more tumours were present, then never told the hospital or department secretary. Mom gets a call from both the secreatry and hospital asking why she did not show for her last 2 appointments.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2012

Does not look you in the eye, get the distinct impression he does not like his work nor his patients, perhaps overworked? Burnt out? Always rushed. Confuses files, not very forthcoming with advice or explanations...I always feel unseen, unheard and confused when I leave his office. I feel there is a lot of sadness surrounding this man.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2012

Slow in determining the type of bacteria and offering no suitable treatment.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2012

2 years ago, I got a breast cancer diagnostic and I had Dr. Dalfen as my oncologe. I have no doubts that he is the best doctor I could have gotten. During my treatments, I was treated as a queen. He never lied to me. He was very sad whenever I got a bad news and happy when I go a good one. He is very human, patient and I know I got the best treatments. I have an excellent follow up. Cancer has not come back and I know it is thanks to him. Thank you Dr. Dalfen!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2011