Ratings for Dr. Timothy E. Byun

Dr. Byun explained the process and future procedures in layman's terms and answered all our questions. He is very polite and professional. I believe I am in good hands getting control of my multiple myeloma. He performed the bone marrow biopsy with minimum discomfort and pain. His office staff is vey considerate and conscientious.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2014

He speaks English but doesn't fully understand it When you ask him a question, if he doesn't understand it, he'll give an answer related to what he was asked but never directly answering your question. He over-prescribed two rounds of chemo and radiation, causing severe permanent radiation damage. I now have lifetime, disabling health problems. Yes, I'm still in remission after four years, but the cost to my health wasn't worth it. My life as a normal person is over!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2010

This doctor *knew* that a breast tumor is of a type that spreads to other parts of the body, yet he did *not* order any tests to check other organs. His explanation was "lack of clinical symptoms", which in my opinion is nothing short of idiotic--by the time there are symptoms, it is too late. Testing would not have changed the fate of this specific patient, but would have dramatically altered what she did in her last days.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2008

Dr. Timothy E. Byun's Credentials

• Rush Medical College Of Rush University (Grad. 1998)

• BCBS Illinois