Ratings for Dr. Arvinder Pal Walia

No stars! Don't even go to this doctor - he doesn't listen. Your in his office for 15 minutes - tops! He writes you a prescription and out the door you are. He is just about the money and how many clients he can see within the billable hour - even though all clients are charged the entire hour (whether it be through insurance or private pay). I do have insurance and my claims show an entire hour. My last appointment, I canceled to due a family emergency, then was hit with a $100 bill and letter from him stating he cannot see me anymore. Now, when I am trying to pay this stupid bill, I am unable to get ahold of ANYONE in the office - and this has been going on for 2 weeks now. I now will need to go into his office and hope this has not gone to collections yet. DO NOT GO TO THIS JOKE OF A DOCTOR. There are many other better doctors out there that actually sit down, listen to you and care. He quadrupled one of my meds within just 2 wks of taking it! He had me taking blood tests every week and seeing him every week - very unnecessary. And I was a patient of his for only 1 month! He didn't even send the orders to the lab one time and a Saturday morning of mine was completely wasted, then he got upset at me saying that I should have called his office --- on a Saturday? They barely answer during the week as it is. I am STILL trying to pay this bill so I can be done with his hoax of a practice.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

Stay away from this Dr. I was a patient of his for about year '09 - '10 and I would not recommend him to anyone. I'm still dealing with permanent unwanted side affects from the medication he prescribed even though I have been off of that medication when I discontinued seeing him. It seems that the field of psychiatry understands very little about how anti-depressant medication works and in a way I cannot fault Dr Walia entirely for my poor outcome. What I can say about him is that he was judgmental, inconsiderate and took very little time in attempting to understand what would be the best, safest approach for treating me. Here are some examples: 1) He was incredulous that I, a sleep deprived and depressed patient, would contemplate suicide. His exact words were - Really? But suicide. If I hadn't been so sleep deprived, I would have listened to my instinct and not continued treatment with a mental health profession who finds it hard to believe someone would have a mental health issue. 2) He provide short flippant answers to questions I had concerning the side affects of the drug he wanted me to take. For example, Remeron is notorious for inducing weight gain, his advice to me was to fight the cravings for sugary foods. He seemed bothered that I would question his judgement. 3) He stated my treatment would last a year after which permanent changes would induced (and boy were they). For me the main benefit of the medication had been for for sleep. I don't think it was great as an anti-depressant but because it allowed me to sleep, I was doing much better. At the year mark, he wanted to continue treatment for another 6 months for no apparent reason. My guess is that he has an easy stream of income this way. 4) He seem distracted and focused more on his computer than on me, his patient. 5) The medication suddenly stopped doing anything for sleep around the year mark and instead of getting on the pill merry go round, I decided to no longer see him. I received a terse registered letter officially stating our professional relationship was terminated and he wasn't responsible for what may happen to me. And that I had 30 days to reconsider decision.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2017

3rd appointment which I'll admit I missed and they want to charge $100 for a missed appointment fee. Too many other good psychiatrists to go see who are slightly more forgiving. Besides it's going to be 5 minute appointment anyway to refill my prescription.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2014

He is wonderful and caring physician who gives you honest feed back. He has helped me immensely. I strongly recommend him

flag | Submitted April 26, 2011

I HATED this doctor, he was rude, has no compassion whatsoever, just looks ugly at you and asks what you want from him! Excuse me? Wow! The absolute worst doctor I have ever had the misfortune of meeting! Rude, nasty, uncaring and just plain unattractive overall.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2010

Terrible bedside manner. I went in for my first visit and Dr Walia seemed to be listening to me. I was prescribed a medicine I was unfamliar with. Once I researched it, I had concerns. Call to doc was returned next day, but he was immediately short with me. Told him I had a few questions about the med and he said he could answer 1-2, but I would need to come in to get others answered. Huh?? I am a NEW patient and perhaps you want to assuage their fears. One side effect of the med he prescribed me is diabetes. I asked about this. Response, "we talked about weight gain being a side effect. If you don't gain weight, you won't get diabetes." Again, huh? Kind of dismissive. Hey doc, it's your job to be more than a pill pusher. Or if not, perhaps you could just explain away or reassure your patients so they don't carry around fear about the pills you do push. He may have a lot of knowledge, but he's rude on the phone and seemed nothing but bothered by my questions. Thanks, doc.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2009

He's always on time.I have been there several times and dr.Walia is always very helful and spends time with you.Also, i think his rates are affordable.my name is Roberto and i'm been treated for GAD

flag | Submitted December 30, 2008

My husband suffered tremendously with depression. but it was more.... I just didn't know what. Dr. Walia immediately knew it was bipolar and what to do - what meds to put him on. In no time, he was very much back to normal, living a normal life, and going back to work. Dr. Walia is a miracle worker in my opinion.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2008