Ratings for Dr. George Gillen

Dr. Gillen was indeed the best doctor this province has ever had, or maybe ever will have. There just are no other doctors like him that I am aware of. He still did housecalls and always made you feel like he had all the time in the world for you. He was like one of the family and we miss him very much.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2009

Dr. Gillen's recent passing is sorrowful for all. He was an excellent physician, friend, family man and humanitarian. He will be missed by everyone who crossed his path.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2008

There is no better doctor!!! Dr Gillen has been my doctor since the day I was born(28 years!) My entire family is part of his practice and he and Michelle are like family. He is extremely up to date, very well read and always knows the answer to your problems. I would be lost without him!

flag | Submitted May 30, 2008

Why can't there be more Dr. Gillen's in this world? Thankfully he doesn't want to retire - only wants to take care of people. He has taken care of our family -3 generations- forever. Care - being the important word. He does care. Every young GP should have to train under someone like him. Even if he were running behind it wouldn't matter because he's worth the wait. My sister is a nurse and she is amazed at how well read and up to date he is. Thanks also to Michelle for running the office.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2008

The best ever!! He goes beyond being a doctor, he's a friend. He's been here for us for over 35 years. My birth mother gave me up when I was a couple days old and it was Doctor Gillen who helped find me a home. When my adoptive mother passed away a couple years ago he came to pay his respects. What other Doctor would do things like this?

flag | Submitted January 15, 2008

Dr. Gillen is a true Gem. The world is a better place with him in it. Knowledge and down to earth wisdom and always a good joke or two! I only hope his doctor is as good as him.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2007

HAVE HAD DR.GILLEN ALL MY LIFE. SWEETEST MOST CARING MAN I HAVE EVER MET. BEST DOCTOR I HAVE EVER HAD TO DEAL WITH (I'M A RN IN ER). IF HE DOESN'T KNOW HE WILL CERTAINLY FIND OUT. ONE OF THE TRUE OLD FASHION DOCTORS. MY KIDS LOVE HIM!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted April 21, 2007

Dr. Gillen has been our family doctor for generations. He is the best doctor anyone could ask for. He always goes above and beyond to make sure that you are well taken care of. Not many doctors will come and visit you in the hospital, just to say "hi" and see how you are doing. I'm sad at the thought of him retiring, because I know there isn't another doctor out there that would even compare.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2007

George has been our family doctor for over 35 years.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2007

Dr. Gillen is a wonderfully caring and knowledgeable physician who takes time to explain details. He is a health partner in that he involves his patients in decisions that impact upon their health care. Unfortunately, I had to leave the area some 6 years ago. I miss him tremendously along with Michelle who is the "rock" in that office!!

flag | Submitted March 30, 2007