Ratings for Dr. William A. Schwank

Dr. Schwank done 4 back surgeries on my back within 85 days apart. I am now disabled and unable to work have have to walk with a cane & im in Constant pain all the time. I am on all kinds of medicines to try to help the pain but none of it seems to help at all. I would not recommend letting Dr. Schwank do back surgery on you if you want to have a normal life because having to live in Constant pain is not fun. I know that everyone's body is different and everyone reacts differently to surgery but there is still no reason to have to have 4 back surgeries in 85 if it would have been done right the 1st surgery.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

I've had 2 surgeries with Dr schwank my last was 6 months ago and he is going back in next week cause I have a broke bone in my neck he left. I'm in such pain and numbness in my face and serious pains. After reading some of his reviews I will be looking for a different surgeon

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

Dr. Schwank left a scalpel blade and several pieces of gauze in my friend's lower back. She went to a surgeon in Tennessee to correct his mistakes. There was a medical malpractice suit to follow, which was settled out of court. Dr. Schwank should have retired years ago. I personally would not let do surgery on my dog, much less a friend or family member.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

In 2007, my mother was in severe leg/back pain (degenerative disk disease). Schwank operated and inserted numerous screws in her spine, but less than 6 mos. later, she was in worse pain than before. She just went through another surgery (3 yrs later) to correct his work. The doctor who corrected it confirmed that 1)the screws Schwank used were not even used anymore, and 2)they were incorrectly positioned with one being placed too close to a major nerve which explained her chronic pain. I just learned that Schwank also operated on my uncle's neck years ago. But he was in so much pain that Schwank went back in the next day to try to correct his work. My uncle then had to go to a specialist in PA to have Schwank's work corrected. The 3rd surgery by Schwank that I'm aware of is a lady who goes to church with my mother. He operated on her back, and she is suffering chronic pain similar to what my mother endured after Schwank. PLEASE reconsider seeing William Schwank if you require surgery!

flag | Submitted December 25, 2010

Dr. William A. Schwank's Credentials

• Univ De San Carlos, Fac De Cien Med, Guatemala (Grad. 1972)

Commercial Insurance Company