You may also like

Ratings for Dr. William A. Schwank

Dr. Schwank left a scalpel blade and several pieces of gauze in my friend's lower back. She went to a surgeon in Tennessee to correct his mistakes. There was a medical malpractice suit to follow, which was settled out of court. Dr. Schwank should have retired years ago. I personally would not let do surgery on my dog, much less a friend or family member.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

In 2007, my mother was in severe leg/back pain (degenerative disk disease). Schwank operated and inserted numerous screws in her spine, but less than 6 mos. later, she was in worse pain than before. She just went through another surgery (3 yrs later) to correct his work. The doctor who corrected it confirmed that 1)the screws Schwank used were not even used anymore, and 2)they were incorrectly positioned with one being placed too close to a major nerve which explained her chronic pain. I just learned that Schwank also operated on my uncle's neck years ago. But he was in so much pain that Schwank went back in the next day to try to correct his work. My uncle then had to go to a specialist in PA to have Schwank's work corrected. The 3rd surgery by Schwank that I'm aware of is a lady who goes to church with my mother. He operated on her back, and she is suffering chronic pain similar to what my mother endured after Schwank. PLEASE reconsider seeing William Schwank if you require surgery!

flag | Submitted December 25, 2010

Dr. William A. Schwank's Credentials

• Univ De San Carlos, Fac De Cien Med, Guatemala (Grad. 1972)

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Schwank left a scalpel blade and several pieces of gauze in my friend's lower back. She went to a surgeon in Tennessee to correct his mistakes. There was ..."

April 24, 2015
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=867986'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.7

February 6, 2014