Ratings for Dr. Christopher Duke

In my 25+ years of taking diligent care of my personal health, I found this Doctor to be the coldest and most disengaged of any Doctor I have ever sought care from. He was cavalier in his demeanor with an air of superiority from the start, but what really was intolerable is when he refused to make a brief phone call to be informed of a specialty test for possible prostate cancer because he doesn't get paid for making phone calls. He actually admitted to this when confronted in his office when forced to meet with me by his Administrator. I found this Dr to be borferline malpractice and th emost cold hearted I"ve ever been too and quickly changed from this Doctor. Go to him at your own risk!

flag | Submitted May 9, 2013

Office staff and nurses are wonderful. IF you're sick and they are calling in a medicine for you, you'll be waiting the better half of the day 4+ hours. Also if they aren't sure what is wrong instead of doing testing they will tell you it's a virus until it because more serious.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2012

I have been with Dr. Duke since 1991 (20 years!)He does have a wry since of humor but I've always liked that. Some Dr.s have no since of anything but themselves.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2011

Very professional and polite. Always returns phone calls the same day.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2010

Dr. Duke is the best doctor I've ever worked with -- he diagnosed a potentially serious problem I was experience and always is attentive to my medical concerns. Unlike ANY OTHER DOCTOR I'VE EVER VISITED, he is always on time -- a huge benefit. And he has a wry sense of humor...I'm shocked that some of his patients have missed this aspect of his personality. A top notch doctor!

flag | Submitted May 4, 2010

This doctor is the working man's doctor, and I'm not saying he is the poor man's doctor, but he's the doctor for the guy who needs to get IN AND OUT. Please don't come on here and complain about personality flaws (or lack of personality). Dr. Duke gets you in and out, he sees you ON TIME ALWAYS. I have come for things ranging in seriousness from allergy medication prescriptions to referrals for cartillage replacement/ mci repair surgery (2 of those, 7 knee surgeries in total). I'm 22 years old and he treats me like a regular patient. He may ask a question about my personal life, he may not, the important thing is that he gets the job done and does what most doctors have trouble doing, fitting into their patient's busy schedules.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2010

Shortly after we moved to Bethesda, I asked at the pediatricians office for a recommendation for a GP. One of the nurses gave us Dr. Duke's name -- I believe he was the relative of one of the staff. Sounded good enough for us. My husband went to see him and explained that we had just moved here and needed a new primary doctor. My husband was astounded. Like the other reviewers reported, Dr. Duke couldn't have been less interested. He must have a trust fund that requires him to have a steady job -- not even the most dismal interpersonal skills could account for his behavior if he actually had any interest in practicing medicine.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2010

Had to switch from Dr. Duke because he was so rude to me and actually yelled at me because I was worried about a possibly diagnosas that he gave. By the way, he was wrong. He was cold and acted superior. I would have anxiety about going to see him that I would actually get physically ill. Is that a good Dr? I hope he reads this and alters his demeanor. Would never ever go back!!!!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2009

Dr. Duke has been my primary care physician for 2 years. I have been trying to get into a different practice in DC but they have not been accepting new patients. Dr. Duke is incredibly uninterested in pretty much anything you have to say, and it is almost as if you are an interruption to his day. The staff is very unhelpful on the phone, but when you are in the office they are a bit more friendly. I would definitely not recommend Dr. Duke to anyone, he does not listen to any of my concerns and he tries to hurry you along so he can get back to doing whatever it is he does. To top off this amazing experience, his office asks for a $25 donation to help offset the costs of paper, faxing, and whatever else...needless to say I didn't donate any money. If you're looking for a good PCP, keep looking!

flag | Submitted September 10, 2009

He is very reserved and seemed in hurry when I met him for the first time, definitely not willing to listen to me. He is, like most other doctors, greedy. He seems to be more interested in making money of you than providing care. He didn’t address my problems and wants me to meet him again. He also wants patients to pay $25 volunteering to cover the photocopying and administrative expenses. That's just ridiculous. One of his staff was a sweetheart while other one was a total opposite. I am not going to see him again. It’s a sad system where doctors’ only goal is to make money off their patients, and yet complain all the time that they are the biggest victims of the healthcare system.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2009

Dr. Christopher Duke's Credentials

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

• BCBS Illinois