Ratings for Dr. Loveena Gupta

Excellent Place. They take my insurance and gave toys to my children.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

This dental office is very disappointing. Sadly, my family has been going to this dental office since it opened. Initially, we believed that since they were "new" they would need time to work out "kinks". Well, after 10 years and always leaving with extra stress every 3-6 months, my family will be leaving this dentist. The office staff have always been rude and sarcastic. Pat and now Kathy. It must be a requirement on the employment application. For everyone who works in customer service and the medical field, as I do, it is well known that customer satisfaction and being patient centered is high priority. Not this office. Dr. Gupta and her business manager, aka her husband, allow the receptionist (as well as the business manager, himself) to treat everyone with disrespect. I'm sorry, but someone with no higher education and likely little experience, telling a well educated, knowledgable, honest, and dedicated paying customer that they are wrong about what their insurance pays, mistaken about appointment dates, and stating she has no records about old payments made (but of course odd payments owed appear out of nowhere months later) is insulting. Seriously, who do these people think they are? I find it entertaining reading the new website and seeing just how fabulous the business manager is...wearing many hats and all... The way billing is managed is so poor. Perhaps the outrageous and hidden costs are paying back his many years of schooling in various places where he appears to have learned nothing. If you pay cash, expect no receipt. If you ask for one you get a ripped scrap piece of paper with the business manager scribbling the date and amount paid. Seriously? If you pay with card, they request debit. Why? You guessed it. So there is no charge to them. Receipt for credit? I guess. It must be pretty pricey for small printer paper. The new website states they know no other dentist that spends time trying to calculate what will be covered by insurance and how much is owed by the customer. I don't think so. What they do is use a formula that calculates what half of what is possibly covered by your insurance plus their ungodly unusual and uncustomary mark-ups equal so you can pay and hope that they refund you (which they say they won't, but if insurance covers something and they have already billed you and you've paid they MUST reimburse you or it's FRAUD) prior to or immediately following your appointment. They are not trusting of even their loyal patients to charge them after the insurance has been billed and pay what they will pay. Oh yea, there are no paper bills anyway. Too much to ask to actually keep good business documentation and use paper and ink and postage to bill customers. Years ago I asked for a copy of my statement and it took a week before I received an EMAIL of my statement. The statement was incomplete; however, it had been "fixed" well enough to show exactly what the balance was that they were saying I owed. I really am too nice and forgiving. I should have ended the visits with the handwritten scrap receipts and poor account documentation. Dr. Gupta is a fairly decent dentist. If you read other reviews, she does try to sell many things...mouth guards, special toothpaste, MI Paste, fluoride treatments...the list goes on. My favorite is bringing numerous people back for self- pay 3-month cleanings and putting teeth on "watch". I watched so many young patients come out to the waiting room telling their parents they had to come back for the three month appointments. And doing 10 minute "fillings" on teeth of elementary school children and charging 400 dollars. That's expensive and unnecessary dentistry. Not to mention traumatic for the small children. I kick myself for letting her actually persuade me and my husband to do procedures on our children. I must admit, we had faith in Dr. Gupta. Then I think about it all as I look at my kids and remember that she is allowing her office staff to be rude and the business to be run poorly. Not to forget the stress felt every 3-6 months because of this. No thanks, not any more. Sadly I recommended Dr. Gupta to two friends and they both changed dentists after their first visits. Embarrassing. Just to note, the hygienists have never remained the same for more than 1-2 years. All but 1 have been fabulous. They are smart...they get out of there. The dental assistant has been there and helping Dr. Gupta since I have been going so pretty much since the existence of the place. She is very good and great with kids. She does not live close to the office...if she ever reads this I wish her well and I hope she leaves to work with a more ethical practice. Stop traveling so far to work at such a miserable place. She is the shining star of that office and deals with a lot of crap. She should think about becoming a dentist herself. I would travel to her dentist and be the first to sign up to be a patient. Take it from a family of 5, stupidly being loyal to this place for 10 years...don't go here.

Submitted September 8, 2014

Wow. I am overwhelmed by how many people felt the exact way I did. This was the absolute worst dentist office I have ever been to. Do not go there. They are unprofessional, cold, rude, and like to sell you stuff. I went here because my ins. was accepted, which I soon learned should not be the reason to go somewhere. I was told I had five cavities. It was possible I guess, but some part of me felt like that seemed strange- being that I'd been to the dentist pretty recently. I trusted them, and maybe they were there, but less than a year later one of my fillings fell out. I now go to Ira Kamp in Ithaca (they are absolutely wonderful). I remember that when I got that filling at Guptas office I had to go back because I was in pain still, so I feel like the job wasn't done well. I get severe anxiety at dentists and I somehow felt like I was being talked about and laughed at. I also did not get completely numbed and felt pain during the entire procedure. I tried explaining this, and another..

flag | Submitted November 20, 2013

It unfortunately took me a while to catch on, but she is definitely unscrupulous and unethical. She will tell you that you need to have work that you do not need to have, solely for the money. Thank God I found a dentist with ethics who told me I did NOT need to replace all my fillings and have a crown to the tune of thousands of dollars. What I did need was to replace one filling, which cost me just over $100 with the second dentist. Needless to say, I will not be going back.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2013

I selectyed Dr. Gupta as my dentist but when I visited there was really disappointed with the staff behavior. Then when got see the Dr.Gupta she was very rude and hardly gave me 3 minutes. I went there for a cavity filling she started selling some mouth wash which makes your teeth yellow and told me to use that for 2 weeks instead of taking care of the cavity she started a diffrent thing because she won't listen to you. I consider her the worst dentist I have met in my life.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2012

I was told I needed to pay $1100.00 upfront before having my tooth repaired even though I had complete dental insurance coverage and was pre-approved for the procedure. As I did not have the money, they told me I would have to wait 3 to 4 weeks until my insurance cleared. My insurace company said I was covered and I had my tooth repaired by anotehr dentist the next day. Dr Gupta is all about the MONEY and not the dentistry or patient's satistaction.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2011

Made dentures for my 83 year old mother, they did not fit properly and left sores in her mouth, a tooth fell out of the plate. Went back multiple times, could not make them right. She ended up in the hospital and nursing home for 2 months. When we tried to make another appointment we were told it had been to long and they would charge for appointment and adjustments. We took her to another dentist who said it would cost another $1,700 to fix them . The staff and Dr. Gupta were very rude

flag | Submitted May 10, 2011

one of the most expensive places in town. $1350 for a gold crown, $1150 for porcelain on gold, when other places where ~$800. also, admits to doing core buildups (another $250) much more often than her peers, which can't hurt your teeth, but certainly hurts the pocketbook, particularly when in cases when it's not really necessary. maybe my crowns will last comparatively longer, but who knows. ask me in a couple decades. she has a strange preference when adjusting the bite to take material off good original teeth instead of the manufactured crown. and i received little advice when choosing the material of the crown (porcelain vs. gold). i can't say it's bad work, but i'm going to try someone else next time.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2010

This DDS does not stand behind her work! My crown broke the day I got it & she refused to redo it....what kind of a business professional is she?!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2010

thiis doctor performed procedures that were not asked for, WITHOUT the patient's consent, and then charged the patient for all these unnecessary procedures.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2010