Ratings for Dr. Steven D. Maislos

Terribly run office and subpar experience with the doctor. I have now gone to him 9-11 times in the last three months for various appointments, test and procedures. I have not had one appointment where I waited less than 30 minutes after my scheduled appointment time and most times were around 45 minutes with a couple getting upwards of 90 minutes past the scheduled appointment times. When I asked his head nurse once about this over scheduling I was advised that was how the doctor wanted it run. Most of his staff and the doctor himself ranged from rude (especially the front desk lady Claire) to disinterested to dismissive. He never did solve any of the issues I went in to see him about, they just cleared up on their own. When he didn't know what caused it he just prescribed medicine, without having any evidence it would help or what the cause of the symptoms was. He seemed uncaring in the face of my discomfort and bothered when I had the audacity to ask questions. He seems to schedule upwards of 8 or 9 patients at a time and in one instance when I went in for what was supposed to be a half hour appointment, after me waiting 90 plus minutes and having to complain multiple times I was eventually shoved in what appeared to be a storage closest b/c they had no available rooms. What finally caused me to fire him as m doctor was this last appointment this past Monday. The appointment for a treatment I need to do every Monday for 12 weeks was scheduled on July 31st. He moved offices on August 2nd (a scheduled move I had known about for over a month b/c they constantly reminded me of the move). They called TWICE to remind me of my scheduled appointment. When I arrive early as I do for every appointment, they advise me they don't have the machine from their old office yet to do the treatment. This is despite them having moved 5 days earlier and this machine fits inside the glove box of any car. So they managed to call me twice to remind me I had an appointment coming up but couldn't be bothered to make sure they had the told necessary to treat me at the scheduled time. They didn't know when it would arrive and I could sit around for hours or come back later. It isn't just the complete lack of respect for my time that they had constantly demonstrated, not caring that I also have a job and that I can’t just wait around for hours or come and go as I please on a Monday but the utter lack of organization that finally made me feel like my health is not in good hands with a doctor who runs his office like this. The only way to describe my experience with Dr Steven Mailos, MD Urology is to call him the worst sort of TURN and BURN FAST FOOD style medicine. I can not recommend anyone use him ever and if you want a doctor who cares about your discomfort, who actually wants to find out what is wrong with you instead of just giving you pills and sending you on your way, a staff that cares and a well organized well run office then I have to suggest you go anywhere else. if he is the only doctor near you then I suggest you drive further. Much further if necessary to find someone better.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

I saw Dr. Maislos early this year. I spent over $500 in his office for some testing and I paid with my HSA card. My health savings account requested an itemized bill and for almost 4 months now I have been trying to get his billing department to fax or mail the statement to me to no avail. His office staff is the rudest and worst mannered I have ever seen and they cannot be bothered when you call for a billing issue. They yell the number at you so you will never want to call back again. You would think you are trying to get top secret information from them. Yes I guess that once the bill has been paid and the cash has landed in his pocket, who gives a hoot! I was supposed to get a sling put in but there is no way I will deal with this kind of problem after the fact. No one should be treated this way. Thank you for not helping billing person: Janice. Dr. Maislos she and her inept staff is the reason you will not bet another dime from me. Sayonara!!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Dr Maislos is excellent. He has been wonderful with my husband who has suffered Kidney Stone issues for over 20 + years. Thanks Dr Maislos, you are awesome!!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

I went to this Dr office today for my dad prostate biopsy, it was my second time at that office, my 1st impression was that he was really bad human been, if he can be called like this. He almost commits an iatrogenia with my dad because my father has Hypertension and his blood pressure was so high at the time of the procedure suppose to be performed (170/100) and I ask the nurse if he still thought to perform the procedure and his told her that he was not a cardiologist or Internal Medicine Dr and he was willing to perform the procedure under our responsibility and risks, I couldn't believe that he didn't even come and look at my face to explain us that. I'm a foreign Dr and I was educated and formatted under the Hipocrates oath, first is the life and health of the patient and after everything else. Our opinion, he is a monster, not a Dr, not a human been!!!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2016

tDR MAISLOS IS A RIP OFF, I WENT IN FOR A CONSULTATION AND MY COPAY WHICH HE COULD NOT HELP ME WITH AND ENDED UP CHARGING ME 300 DOLLARS FOR TAKING MY BLOOD PRESSURE AND EMPTYING MY BLADDER, I ONLY SAW HIM FOR 5 MINUTES. HE CHARGED BLUECROSS 400DOLLARS AND ME 290 FOR NOTHING, HE IS ONE MONEY HUNGARY DR. MUST HAVE HAD A MERCEDES PAYMENT, AND I THINK I MADE IT FOR HIM.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2015

This doctor has an excellent bedside manner and is an excellent surgeon. I would recommend him to anyone needing a urologist.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2015

The Dr. seemed irritated when asking for clarification of procedures and lab results. He even accused us of accusing him because we questioned him on the results of a biopsy. He invited us to change Urologists which we have since done. Not helpful at all, just wants to perform surgeries without a 2nd opinion. Seemed offended that we wanted a 2nd opinion.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2014

Staff not at all efficient. They need office training. Doc seems to be bothered when asked questions on procedure. They must remember the patients are the ones who pay their bills

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014

Best urologist in town! Smart and able to help me when many other urologists could not. Life saver!

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014

I went to Doctor Steven Maislos because he was my mother's doctor. I didn't know that he is very interested in what insurance my mother had and he was medicating my mom for she had not problem in the kidneys. She was receiving medications that constipated her and aggravated the problem. He did not solve any problem. My mother's insurance expired. She stopped going to his office. Thanks God. I didn't know this so I went to him because he was my mom's doctor. He was treating me for problems that I didn't have and medicating me with expensive pills that had strong side effects. And I finally didn't have much. Many times I asked him questions and he was unwillingly answering me. It seems it bothers him to answer my diagnosis. He don't have a very good patient-doctor relation and I don't recommend it. My opinion is that he relies much in equipment and don't poses much knowledge in him. If you want to understand what I am saying,go to his office and you'll see the lack of knowledge and the miscommunication.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2013

Dr. Steven D. Maislos's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At Houston (Grad. 1998)

Special Needs Plan