Ratings for Dr. Fiona McConville

After much research, I choose Dr. Mcconville based on reviews. My personal experience was outstanding . The staff ( Sue and Diane) LOVE their job and always are attentive and smiling. Dr. Mcconville is very knowledgeable and friendly. Yes the visits are short and to the point but that is how she keeps the wait times down. I have had no complication pregnancies so I was always in and out of that office within half an hour TOTAL! Will return for any future pregnancy.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

Today was my first visit and already love her! Her staff was amazing & the doc herself was very personable .. I'm very excited and happy she will be the one delivering my babe in February ☺

flag | Submitted August 25, 2015

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

I am a little confused by the comments left below. I am a patient of Dr.McConville's and have been for several years. She and her staff have been nothing but patient and attentive to all of my needs and multiple questions. I have never felt rushed or "brushed off" by anyone in that office. What confuses me, is that the patient who left a review below, seems to have had a good experience with a great OB, and then chosen to transfer care to someone else, and now seems disgruntled that she cannot have TWO Doctors at the same time?? I too have had many questions and concerns but have always found the staff at Dr.McConville's to be more than willing to answer all of my questions. My advise to anyone looking to choose an OB by reading RateMd's reviews is to always take what is printed here with a grain of salt and consider that some people will never be happy no matter how much is done for them. I would recommend Dr.McConville to all of my friends and family. She is an exceptional Doctor, and a Lovely person!!

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

Here's the good and the bad. The staff and Dr. McConville are very friendly, energetic, and there seems to be a great morale within the office. They were kind enough to fit me in when I first found out I was pregnant even when I asked to be seen earlier than normal. Every visit has been punctual. Dr. McConville has great online reviews and is highly recommended within her community. My disappointment lies in the lack time for personal attention and always feeling like I am the high maintenance patient for wanting more information. I openly admit I am a fairly over zealous google user and get myself nervous about different medical complications I read about as this is my first pregnancy. This is partly though because the office advises not to use "Dr. Google" but keeps appts at 2.5 mins long (how do you do, pee on a stick, BP, weight, doppler, and goodbye with a smile) due to volume and there is no preemptive information given so you are left with Baby Bump apps and What to Expect as your experts. When I went to book prenatal classes Ajax didn't have sufficient dates available so I went to Centenary which I learned has a much newer and superior delivery ward than Ajax. (Advice - both locations book up fast so book at least 2 months beforehand). Since learning that Dr. McConville may not be around in the summer and you are not guaranteed your O.B. but instead anyone from "the team" I opted to switch to Centenary which means a new O.B. since she does not have privileges there. Dr. McConville agreed to see me one more time (for 35 week check) then switch, however, when the new Dr.’s appt came along they just cancelled my appt with their office telling me "there is no need to come here any longer as the new Dr. can see you right away." I protested and was told "no, we are pretty booked and busy anyway so there is no need for you to come here.” File closed. Therefore not honouring the conversation I had with Dr. McConville and completely brushing me off. My advice is if you can, go with a midwife, a service that is completely covered by OHIP. You will get more one on one time (by this I mean up to 20-40 min appts if necessary), nutrition information, some visit your home, breastfeeding help and post delivery attention. I believe as the O.B. service is obviously inundated and over saturated by the populous patient base, lets ease the load and only use them for complications that midwives are not trained to deal with. Final remark is Dr. McConville seems to be a good O.B. should you go this route, please keep in mind she likely will not deliver your baby as it falls on whichever O.B. is on call, but again, this is standard practice anywhere you go. Try to get a midwife! This will be my advice to all my friends, blog, mommy groups, and as I happen to work with preschoolers - all the moms I encounter for their next pregnancy. Wish me luck for a better experience at the new O.B.s office :/

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

Sometimes the wait is long in the office but she is busy because everyone wants to see her. Its worth the wait. She delivered my son via emergency csection she was very calm and genuinely caring and I will be going back to her for my second baby!

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

Amazing woman. In 2010 at 44 my baby was a surprise plus just emigrated from Ireland. Her staff are wonderful especially Kirstie. When my son's heart beat kept stopping during a stress test she kept me calm whilst I had my son quickly without a C Section in 2011. Highly recommended her.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

Dr. McConville is an amazing doctor. She delivered my twins by c section last May 2013. The care I received during my pregnancy was by far the best. I highly recommend her to everyone. She definitely helped me get through the last few weeks of my pregnancy. I'm so thankful that she made her schedule work to deliver my beautiful twins.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

Dr. McConville has been and continues to be the most incredible doctor I've ever had. Anyone who has her is lucky to be her patient and I'm so thankful that I'm one! Her level of patience, compassion, gentleness and sense of humor is amazing. I can't thank her enough.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

Dr. Fiona McConville's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After much research, I choose Dr. Mcconville based on reviews. My personal experience was outstanding . The staff ( Sue and Diane) LOVE their job and always are..."

January 19, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Today was my first visit and already love her! Her staff was amazing & the doc herself was very personable .. I'm very excited and happy she will be the one del..."

August 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Fiona McConville and her staff have been wonderful. This is my first baby and they have made the experience less stressful. Def recommend her."

August 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am a little confused by the comments left below. I am a patient of Dr.McConville's and have been for several years. She and her staff have been nothing but pa..."

June 11, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "L1V0" to "L1V 6R6". Address has been updated from "None" to "1885 Glenanna Road". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "19054205856".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Here's the good and the bad. The staff and Dr. McConville are very friendly, energetic, and there seems to be a great morale within the office. They were kind..."

June 1, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Sometimes the wait is long in the office but she is busy because everyone wants to see her. Its worth the wait. She delivered my son via emergency csection she ..."

April 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing doctor, amazing staff, incredibly well-run office. Can't say enough; the best doctor I've ever encountered."

March 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing woman. In 2010 at 44 my baby was a surprise plus just emigrated from Ireland. Her staff are wonderful especially Kirstie. When my son's heart beat kept ..."

March 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. McConville is an amazing doctor. She delivered my twins by c section last May 2013. The care I received during my pregnancy was by far the best. I highly re..."

September 22, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. McConville has been and continues to be the most incredible doctor I've ever had. Anyone who has her is lucky to be her patient and I'm so thankful that I'..."

September 22, 2014