Ratings for Dr. Melissa K. Dixon

I visited Dr. Dixon to check moles or dark patches or age spots, I never really got an answer as to what they were --- as long as they weren't cancer, I didn't care. She was 'allowed' to biopsy 5 ... not 6 or 8 ... even if more looked suspicious. I specifically wanted a brown, dark patch removed from my face below my eye --- which was done. I had to return since the spot came back, and it was removed again. While I was there, Dr. Dixon asked if I have any other problems. I casually mentioned, "not really" then added, "although I do have itchy skin on my upper back." She looked at my back (for the first time) and called them skin tags, and offered to remove them. Big mistake!!! She ran a cryotherapy device back and forth across my entire back --- shoulder to shoulder. The next morning when I woke, my bed was soaked with serum from dozens of burst blisters where the therapy was used. I came to characterize her as a "matron in the women's house of detention."

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Would not recommend. Unsatisfactory and unpleasant experience.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

Dr. Dixon is by far the worst doctor I have ever been to. She is rude, cold and has absolutely no compassion. I am a 29 year old girl who has anxiety issues to begin with which was made clear to staff before appointment. I went to her with an issue of something not healing on my face. She begins to tell me that this is most likely cancer.... and cancer happens. I ask about an antibiotic.... her response.... cancer doesn't heal. At 29...or at any age!!! If you think your patient has cancer it's not appropriate to give them news so rudely and carelessly. I was shaking with tears running down my face as she was cutting a biopsy off my face and she could care less. She was annoyed that I had feelings and dealing with the fact I was just told she thinks this is cancer... on my face. I hope no one else has to go through this. I am making it my job to report her to every site I can and leave every bad review possible. Patients are people with feelings.... not a paycheck. I wouldn't want my worst enemy to go to dr. Dixon. She doesn't deserve to be a doctor and I hope her license is suspended. After reading reviews I know I am not the only one who feels this way. The staff was friendly. She was awful.... and the word awful does not justice. I have never left a bad review for a doctor before. I have never been so mistreated. I hope this review can save at least one person from being mistreated by Dr. Dixon.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2017

Dr Dixon is good and her office staff is excellent face to face, but if you ever have to deal with her office staff via phone, forget it. You could die before they actually help you with something. It took a month and several follow ups just to get a prescription for blood work sent in the mail.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

I've went to Dr Dixon about 4 times and each time she was not very friendly and seemed as if she was always rushing me in and out . She needs to be alittle happier . Staff is great though

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

Very very rude and wanted me in and out of there as fast as possible. Gave me a steroid for a minor problem that made it worse. I don't understand how people are giving good reviews! She was extremely rude to me! She seemed like she didn't care and that I was beneath her. She needs a new attitude.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015

Actually was worse, it was cancer that came back- and spread. Dixon said I had a low tolerance for pain, put steroid shots into it which helped the cancer grow. Don't let her burn things out of you- see a plastic surgeon.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

Dr Dixon burned skin cancer instead of having it cut out. Since she thoug it was fast growing she suggested radiation which is done by her. This has left an open wound that may never heal. Don't let her burn anything off of you and then radiate, Dermone owns the radiation machine and is making money at the expense of its clients. This wound is huge, painful and may never heal.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

Very knowledgeable and thorough highly recommend dr dixon for your full body examinations she is excellent in what she does and is on point!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014

i called dr dixson's office reguarding a script that i didn't fill because of price. i hung on line a while and left a message to call me. a person named mellisa called me back the next day and was very helpful resolving me issue. she was so helpful i am writing this note in the hope her superiors we compliment her. rich arway patient of dr. dixson

flag | Submitted October 11, 2012

Dr. Melissa K. Dixon's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 2000)

First Health Network