Ratings for Dr. Lewis Brodsky

I saw this Dr for 3 years, picked up on some disturbing practices. Dr. Brodsky has some "using" issue himself. He also is very limited in his scope of expertise, he offers the same great solution to everyone. His staff is very short curt, unles he decides he wants to help you, then they are extremely nice, until he changes his mind yet again , then you are nothing to them again Several patients have noticed that at some appointments he is extremely talkative, to the point where you can not leave. Other times he is NODDING OUT, yes NODDING, not tired as he claims, as addicts, we know a NOD, this ha happened several times. Not sure if he is trying out what he prescribes.... He is repetitive with his patients....I know 4 patients he's seen & he gave us all 5 the same diagnosis & meds to fix it...which to each patient seems like he's finally able to help them, But it doesn't always work, so he just adjusts the same theory . He also responds to you, if you suggest or inquire about a med, then he will prescribed it for you Other then that, he doesn't offer any much help himself. He is older, dated, too distracted to focus on you & not up with any new medical practices/innovations. The appointments are never on time, with long waits, (staff ALWAYS claims he's "double booked " He's not even a "pay for script doctor HE decides what /how much he wants to prescribe you , subject to constant changes, depending if he's "tired" or "rested " I'd suggest finding another Dr, like I happily did.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2017

He is the most knowledgeable, caring and direct psychiatrist I have ever met. He truly wants you to get better and will do anything he can to get you well. I've been at this for 30 yrs and he's the best I've ever met. Amazing

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

The $50 charge to fill out a 2 page 18 questionnaire taking less than 10 mins to me is outrageous. It is understandable in most cases where it must be a detailed multiple questions Requiring more time.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

This Dr. knows medications. I think he is the best at it and I have been to half a dozen. He squared me away.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2009

Dr. Brodsky is an outstanding, caring, incredibly knowledgeable physician. Based on my experience, he is simply the best there is--both better qualified and more dedicated to his patients than any other physician that I have ever found. Very, very highly recommended.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2008

flag | Submitted July 9, 2008

Dr. Lewis Brodsky's Credentials

• Univ Of Ottawa, Fac Of Med, Ottawa, Ont, Canada (Grad. 1967)