Ratings for Dr. M. KATHLEEN Ingram

I'm so very disappointed in Dr. Ingram It serms like if you're not having a baby she's not too concern about your health. She had been examing me for yrs. Didn't realize that i still had my cervix after my hysterectomy. 4 yrs no pap smear. Oneday i went into the due to bleeding and pain in pelvic. A fill in Dr. discovered i still had a cervix which was very inflamed.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

I went to see Dr. Ingram for my yearly exam two years ago after my other gynecologist retired. She did not do my pelvic exam, her NP did. I was having some light spotting at the time, and due to my age, it was assumed that I had gone through menopause. I found out later that a blood test would have determined this, but none was taken. I had never had regular cycles. The NP's attitude scared me to death, as she mentioned uterine cancer and that had never even occurred to me. Dr. Ingram performed a biopsy and I also had a vaginal ultrasound. The biopsy came back negative but I was advised to have the heteroscopy, which I did. I had one polyp which was removed and all of my lab work came back fine. I didn't want to go back to Dr. Ingram this time because of her NP, so went to another doctor in the same office. My light spotting had returned. This doctor was not overly concerned but requested a blood test to confirm whether or not I had actually been through menopause. As it turns out, I had not. I don't know whether my spotting two years ago was actually from the removed polyp or maybe just hormonal changes. Perhaps I should have been more forthright to Dr. Ingram's NP about my medical history at the time, but I have been going to Henderson-Walton for years so everything should have been in my chart. Dr. Ingram herself was very nice.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

I have been a patient when Dr Henderson was my first Doctor, then Dr Brakefield ( loved him) Dr Walton delivered my son in the 70's. Doctor Kathy Ingram is wonderful. It's like going to see a friend for a short one on one about what's with me. She's funny, attentive,professional. She listens. I don't mind that she's so busy. If she weren't I would be worried. She's an excellent doctor and I wish everyone could have her. Thanks Dr. Ingram. ELIZABETH WOODS.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

It's sad because had people tell me how great she was. I guess got hopes up. While waiting in waiting room heard the staff talking about patients after one called and they were talking about some of the patients past visits. Tlhen met the dr thought being new and having a lot of past history with problems she would discuss with me my problems. Didn't happen. Had test done and took forever to get results. Then after making decision on what to do have got no call back. Wish would have just kept old Dr. Everyone said go to a lady she would understand. I don't see the compassion

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

Dr. Ingram has always been very informative and helpful. She has never pushed me to make decisions but instead allowed me time to decide how to proceed with my care when feasible.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2017

The most amazing doctor! She is the perfect mix of professional and personal. She took time to answer all of my questions (I had alot) and she listened to all of my concerns. She never pressured me to deviate from my birth plan and she explained everything before any procedures started. I wish she could be my doctor for everything!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

Dr. Ingram is great ...very down to earth and gives u info that u can understand it. The only problem that i've had was being able to reach her when trying to make an appt. Sometimes I have to drive an hour away when the local office is too busy. Other than that she is great!!!!!!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2012

Very helpful, available for questions, will spend as much time as you need in the room

flag | Submitted October 6, 2011

Dr. Kathleen Ingram is a very nice woman. She listens when you have a problem and seems interested in helping. I had her throughout my entire pregnancy and delivery and she was wonderful. I had mentioned some pain from the very beginning that she kept brushing off though. Before her I had three other doctors say that my pain sounded like it could be endometriosis and that they would do a laparoscopy when the pain worsened. When I told her I wanted to get to the bottom of it she ordered an ultrasound. I had read up on what could be seen on one and if it was endometriosis it would not show up and behold it came back clear. The only way to diagnose it is with a laparoscopy procedure. After it came back to her with nothing showing on it, she basically told me that some people just have more pain than others. Mind you that my complaints to her were: tugging pains in the lower abdominal area, pain during intercourse, and pain while urinating and during BM while on my period. I finally decide

flag | Submitted July 9, 2008

Dr. M. KATHLEEN Ingram's Credentials

• Univ Of Al Sch Of Med, Birmingham Al 35294 (Grad. 1994)