Ratings for Dr. Johnny S. Young

Dr. Young was highly recommend to me by many women I know. I went to him for 5 or 6 years. Everything was fine when all I was doing was the basic annual exam. However, I was not crazy about his personality- he didn't go out of his way to be friendly or make me feel comfortable. He was always so stone-faced, serious, monotone. I dismissed it that I thought he was very odd. There was always Christian music playing, like you're in church. I love God but church music in a gyno office was just wierd. 2 yrs ago at age 25 I asked him about getting off birth control and having my tubes tied. (I've never in my life wanted kids, don't even like kids that much). My choice, right? He turned very rude and said he would not do it until I was over 29 yrs old and had 2 kids, and challenged me to find a doctor who would. Said that I would change my mind. The next visit, which was last year, I told him I was having issues with my libido & all I wanted to know was what could be causing it and what could I do to fix it. He immediately became condescending and said there was no possible way my birth control could be causing it, it was all in my head, libido is just not a priority for women like it is for men and the only thing he could do is give me testosterone!! I will NEVER use him again. This is not just me, I have friends who don't want kids & he treated them the same way.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2015

He was excellent when I was pregnant with my daughter but after I had her I bleed for 8 months until he finally seen me for the issue and had endometrisis surgery. And I had it but he never talked to me about it or what to expect or treatments nothing. I had to research all of it online myself. And intercourse hurt and some other issues and he told me all of it was in my head.. But I am bout to deliver my second and last baby and I discovered from one of my friends that when I had my episiotomy with my first child he sewed me up wrong so now I am going to have to look into episyotmy repair surgery and its been 3 years since intercourse hasn't hurt.. But I would not recommend him to anybody... He never listened to me or gave me a straight answer about anything..

flag | Submitted February 24, 2013

I will never use another obgyn. He is definitely caring, and very professional. I never leave wondering what is going on because he takes the time to discuss with his patients in detail what is going on with them, and makes sure they understand. And he tells in detail which treatment plan is best for the dx. I have not had the experience of having him deliver a child for me, because I have none. However as soon as I find out that I'm expecting, I will be heading to his office. I believe he is the most understanding, caring, and definitely respected male gyno. I would recommend him to any of my girl friends...He is very well loved by many women in my family!

flag | Submitted July 9, 2008

Dr. Johnny S. Young's Credentials

• Emory Univ Sch Of Med, Atlanta Ga 30322 (Grad. 1987)

Avmed