Ratings for Dr. Fumie J. Nishiyama

I have been seeing Dr. Nishiyama for over 3 years for hyperthyroidism. She gives me her undivided attention and never rushes. I only wait 5 to 10 minutes before I get to see her. She is very thorough and pays attention to the small details. I recommend her enthusiastically! She is a GREAT doctor. I am continually impressed by her, and most importantly - she loves what she does!

flag | Submitted May 7, 2014

She ran blood tests which showed my thyroid antibodies to be sky high. I had many typical & painful symptoms of thyroid disease and she just dismissed them. Didn't even diagnose me with Hashimoto's Disease, which was quite obvious from the tests. Told her I did not feel any improvement with Synthroid. Shrugged her shoulders & suggested I see a Rheumatologist. Then she wanted to see me again in 6 months! Unwilling to do further investigation, such as adrenal dysfunction. Also would NOT even consider prescribing natural dessicated thyroid hormone. Nice lady, but incompetent!

flag | Submitted October 24, 2011

Dr. Nishiyama and her Nutrionist, Janet Farrell, saved my life. After 32 years I finally have my diabetes under control and have lost 60 lbs. I have newfound energy and a joy in living for the first time in memory.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2008

Dr. Fumie J. Nishiyama's Credentials

• Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Mentor, OH