Ratings for Dr. Brian S. Boxer Wachler

When I had a consultation with Dr Brian which costs $240., Dr Brian recommend several procedures to correct my vision explaining how each procedure WILL correct my vision. The cost for EACH procedures was thousands & thousands of dollars NOT covered by Insurance. His bedside manner comes across caring and he is very convincing that his recommend procedures will improve my vision. After agreeing to these costly procedure paid out of pocket, I had the procedures. At my various FU appointments, when my vision did NOT improve after having the procedure, then Dr Brian & his staff back track with excuses why the procedure in fact did NOT work. Dr Brian makes you sign many disclaimer forms, so that he is not held accountable when the procedures DON"T WORK.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2018

Dr.Brian is an amazing surgeon and a truly great human being.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2018

I am 2.5 weeks post treatment for Keratoconus with Dr Brian. (Flew out to LA from Miami for the procedures). I had the crosslinking in both eyes and an intac in my right eye. Fast forward... I went to my local doctor today to have my eyeglass prescription checked and there is a significant improvement in my right eye since the procedure. My eyeglass sphere prescription in my right eye decreased from -2.0 to 0, and I am now correctable to 20/20, as compared to 20/25 before treatment. I do notice some improvement as well -- nothing miraculous, but some for sure. I still have to wear glasses but that is because I have astigmatism and myopia (apart from the keratoconus). Dr Brian was honest with me re my expectations -- that I would still need glasses. For me having the treatment was initially a tough decision because my Keratoconus was mild and stable, but now that it's done, I am glad I proceeded with it. Hope this review is helpful to someone.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

I am so incredibly thankful to Dr. Brian for the successful procedures he performed on my eyes – he truly is the best of the best. The procedures I had done for keratoconus were Intacs, CK and Holcomb C3R – they were all totally painless and the recovery time was almost instant. Dr. Brian was able to insert the Intacs in my left eye even after my local ophthalmologist said it would not be possible due to the thinness of my left cornea. For me this was a miracle as I knew I would have to consider a cornea transplant otherwise. The entire staff at the Boxer Wachler Vision Institute were all so professional and kind – I am very thankful to them as well as I was very nervous given the seriousness of my advanced keratoconus. Dr. Brian and his team are truly world class stars in my eyes!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

I had an excellent experience with Dr. Brian. He is compassionate, kind and he is a great doctor. My eyes are now fixed, they are no longer red and I am walking around seeing everything with a big smile! Thank you Dr. Brian!

flag | Submitted November 29, 2014

I underwent the Ibrite procedure and my eyes are now ruined. They are dry, extremely light sensitive and sore and patchy. Worst experience and follow up care I have ever experienced.

Submitted August 27, 2014

The procedure went well, but was an extremely impersonal experience and seemed as if it was a good way to take advantage of the pockets of their patients.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2013

After 25 yrs with Keratoconus, I no longer wear RGP lens and all it took was a 3 day visit to Beverly Hills, CA. I’m confident driving again; the traffic signal arrow no longer looks like a solid light; no more triple checking what I think I see. My vision with glasses is now 20/25. My local eye doctors are as pleased as we are and my topography comparisons are impressive. The Boxer Wachler Vision Institute team is so professional and caring, taking the time to explain the testing, procedures and results. It’s like placing your health concerns in the hands of family and knowing everything will be okay. THANK YOU Dr. Brian & Steven Holcomb for sharing your story. M Weber, FL - INTACS & Holcomb C3-R® in April 2013

flag | Submitted August 4, 2013

I admire Dr. Boxer WACHLER for taking immediate action to help patients with keratoconus. I waited years to save up to be treated by him. Upon seeking treatment I felt the Dr and his staff were about fame and fortune and not the patient. They stopped being nice to me when I started asking hard questions. In addition the Dr was not easily accessible. The nurse liason and receptionist are mainly who you deal with. I thought the Dr would bring in your test results and discuss them. Instead he just comes in without the test results and offers you general advice and tells you someone else will get that information to you. If you live within driving distance of LA then I can suggest you see this Dr. but if you live far away please be prepared that paying more money and seeing this famous Dr will not be a guarantee that you will be treated with candor decency and respect.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2012

I have keratoconus and 5 different eye doctors ALL told me I needed a cornea transplant. I just knew a transplant wasn't in my future, so one night I researched keratoconus and luckily found Dr. Brian's website. I live outside California and flew to his Beverly Hills clinic. He asked about my expectations since I can't wear those painful hard contact lenses anymore. We decided on Intacs in both eyes and Holcomb C3-R in both eyes too. The results were amazing! Now I can comfortably wear SOFT contact lenses!!! The procedures were not painful at all (I'm a chicken when it comes to even going to the dentist). This was life changing!! Thank you Dr. Brian for inventing these procedures for all of us with keratoconus. None of the other doctors I saw knew much about these procedures since they all said I needed a cornea transplant. I bought Dr. Brian's keratoconus book and mailed it to all the doctors I saw before so they will be more educated on options for future patients.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2011

Dr. Brian S. Boxer Wachler's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Dartmouth Medical School (Grad. 1993)