Ratings for Dr. Bernie MacIntyre

bowel resection 15 years ago -- nothing but praise for the man excellent doctor

flag | Submitted July 3, 2012

Dr. MacIntyre saved my life 11 years ago. Before being put in his care my life was slipping away. He took charge and was very honest with me about my condition. He was always very kind and professional. I continue to see him every two years for check-ups and would glady recommend him to anyone. His secretary is always a pleasure to deal with.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2010

Really cares and and is very skilled as a surgeon, we are lucky to have him in Halifax!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2010

Dr McIntyre saved my life. I had just had a baby a few weeks prior and was rushed into the emergency room of the QEII - luckily he was on call that evening - fate was in my hands! I had a C-section when having my baby that got horribly infected and ended up being a form of gangerine (sp?). Dr McIntyre was honest in saying, just before I went in for surgery, that he could not amputate my stomach but his main concern, at that point, was to save my life (very touch and go). The care I received after was fantastic -once I got a bed in the VG under his care.He asked how I was feeling and really LISTENED.Immediately my appetite came back, the strength I lost was back and now,today,I am a very happy,grateful Mommy with no major health concerns which I truly feel was due to his care.He did a lot to ensure my stay in the hospital was swift and as pleasant as possible.He is an amazing man who knows his stuff-if you are lucky enough to land in his more than capable surgical hands you are blessed!

flag | Submitted December 24, 2009

Very kind, courteous, and gentle with my 90 year old Mother.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2009

Awesome Dr. If it wasn't for him god knows where my wife would be today. He definitely knows his stuff. His receptionist is a sweetheart.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2008