Ratings for Dr. Leslie A. Sim

Great doctor!! If you are fortunate enough to work with her and the amazing staff at Mayo Clinic you would consider them great resources and friends. She is willing to help in any way she can, I can always contact her for advice and have done so for past few years. She does not sugar coat your situation and treatment - realistically you need that as a patient, parent or loved one to work thru an eating disorder. Is it difficult to hear - at times yes but someone has to tell you so you can survive. I am extremely grateful for her on going efforts to work with my daughter and myself to beat the eating disorder cycle - honestly without her help I am not sure where we would be today.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

I believe i met you when you were fairly new in the eating disorder feild. 10 years recoverd with the will to live and the strenghth within i would love to share with you how you went wrong and how eating disorders are not text book knowledge. If you have never had one, you can not fully understand. You put me in an eating disorder unit twice. Both times i relapased. Tell me, how does that make you feel? The 3rd time i was in a pedriatic unit, 96 lbs... i found the will to survive on my own. It was either death or my life, i made my choice. I would honestly love to see you... maybe this time you can fully understand. Maybe have a better understanding. A text book cant teach you everything. I personally know the struggle.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2014

Great doctor! So helpful/nice/sweet/approachable/smart. She is willing to listen and help out with anything. Very knowledgeable with eating disorders.The only downside is it is hard to get appointments but she will fit you in as best she can.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2011

I was/am patient. She really understands the eating disorder and is super supportive and encouarging. She is an amazing doctor. She really gets it[eating disoder] and is very passinate about her patients. I am greatful she was/is my doctor!

flag | Submitted January 21, 2011

Worst doctor - very unprofessional - abusive to our family

flag | Submitted July 22, 2010

Helped my daughter beat anorexia nervosa. Good follow up. A few years later when my daughter relapsed was quick to get her back in and on track. Did a good job at educating the whole family on my daughters eating disorder. She saved my daughter from certain death.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2008

very unprofessional, not helpful to the family of the patient. Uninterested in patient's history, and how it pertained to current situation. Yelled at family of minor patient, refused to answer questions.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2008