Ratings for Dr. James M. Crumb

Almost killed my dad due to prescribing pain meds and only pain meds. Didn't care to look into any problems, just prescribed him some pain killers and sent him on his way. Would not recommend him to my worst enemy.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015

Hello I recently moved back to the area Dr Crumb was my doctor before I moved. This doctor is brilliant and left me feeling like nothing was left undone he covered all areas and was gentle kind awesome bedside manner!! I can honestly say he is the best doctor I've ever had and I have great trust in his work!! I would refer him to anyone and glad we have a man like him in mobile. Thank you Brandi Courington warren

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015

What a jerk!!! We saw him when he was with CNI. My husband had broken his neck and Dr. Flotte had done his surgery. Dr. Flotte said it would be 18 to 24 months before we knew how much movement he would regain. Our very first visit after discharge from the hospital, Dr, Crumb (an appropriate name) told him he would never be any better than he was and that he should consider experimental surgery. After that, all he wanted to do was prescribe pain killers . He did not care anytbing about rehab. His license needs to be revoked.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

Truth be told, the wait is long. Being Dr. Crumb is the only doctor in his office, he does take his time. But the wait is worth it. I've dealt with pain management doctors for many years, not just for me but with my family members. He is, by far, the most efficient doctor I've had dealings with. I do think that a lot of time is wasted by the nurses. It would seem, to me, that this is like customer service. I've only recently been seeing Dr. Crumb. Very nice doctor that wants to help you and learn what is wrong with you. I honestly believe he has my interest at heart. The front desk lady, what can I say. If you were to watch her, and see what she handles in just a couple of hours, you'd have a different opinion of her. She's very pleasant, and is always making the patients laugh. A plus for this office. Not all offices has a pleasant receptionist. With a thousand interruptions, she always has a smile. Thank you Ms. Ma'am. You make my day when I come in. I couldn't imagine anyone else at your desk. After reading all the other posts, I must say that some of you have issues with being told what to do and when to do it. If you have trouble filling out your paperwork, then BRING SOMEONE with you. My Lord, quit being such whiney babies and grow up. They are not there to babysit you!!! Use common sense if you have any. Thank you Dr. Crumb and staff for all you do for me.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2015

I highly recommend Dr. James Crumb. My health has improved tremendously since I have been his patient. Dr. Crumb is understanding, knowledgeable on the latest treatments, listens, communicates well, and is very perceptive. Dr. Crumb responsibly has noticed things that I feel others missed since he is so conscientious and thorough. Dr. Crumb's office staff is courteous and respectful from the moment you walk in the door. Dr. Crumb's professional receptionist (D.) is gracious and most informative. His Lab Tech (B.) is very gentle and efficient too. His billing accountant (C.) has always been caring and helpful. To top it off, Dr. Crumb's nurse (L.) is smart, on the ball, and all around superb! I truly believe I would not have the quality of life I do today if it were not for Dr. Crumb. He has saved my life so I did not have to go on final disability at a young age (46). I am very thankful for Dr. Crumb and hold Dr. Crumb and his professional office staff in the highest regard.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2015

I hate to hear all these negative things written about my doctor and his staff. I would like everyone to know that if it wasnt for him I would probably not be alive. He has managed my pain and also tak=n care of other issues that all medication, no mater what grade, will do to ypur body. I hate that you probably didnt get what you wanted or wh=n you wanted it. Try one of those Doc in the Box.It is people like you that make life for people with chronic pain very frustrating. You have us all classified as "Drug Seekers." So please take your no nonsense somewhere else cause Dr. Crumb is the best. And I have been to the so-called specialist at UAB for years.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2015

I'd like to say that my experience in Dr. Crumb's office has been a positive one. Reading these negative comments makes my blood boil. The new receptionist is so thorough and competent. She's no nonsense..she has no tolerance for stupidity. And let me say that the level of stupidity and laziness on the part of some of the other patients that she deals with is off the charts. Some people want to come in and treat it like some back alley clinic. It is NOT a cllnic!! Watching and listening to the patients that want to cop an attitude, and to the new receptionist's responses makes me want to keep coming back. Yes, you wait, but what other Dr.'s office do you NOT wait in? People don't want to be called out on their lies and self-righteousness, so that makes them want to come on here and trash the office. It's a great office, with great staff. And I, for one, will keep coming back.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2015

This place is the absolute worst place in Mobile to go to for a pain management dr. If I could find another dr that accepted Medicaid I would be gone from this place. The lady at the desk acts like its a pain in her butt to answer your questions or help you in general, I mean if you really hate dealing with patients find a new profession you old bat. Secondly, it's always 80-90 degrees it's cooler to stand outside in the heat than it is to sit inside but you can bet the nurses and dr crumb are nice and cool in the back. Lastly don't ever be early for an app because you will still sit until your app time and then 2-3 hours after that to even see the dr, for instance if your app is at 3 pm you would be lucky to have your blood drew by 5pm they do not get in any hurry to do anything at that place. So what I'm getting to is nurses are horrible the receptionist needs a man in her life then maybe she wouldn't be a bat to everyone and dr crumb is just a lazy butt that sees patients at his own convenience and then tends to be a smart ehlic at times I would not recommend this place to anybody don't waste your time people:

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

I'm truly hurt by the way I was treated by this doctor , I did everything I was told to do to help my medical problems , yeah my blood pressure got better from losing weight like I was told to do , , but right now I'm having major health problems with my gallbladder and he just dropped me like I was a piece of trash. Thanks Dr. Crumb , T.M.J , and by the way I know the reason why you dropped me because of a liar!!!!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

My mother has seen this man for over 10 years... he tried to give her so much medicine i would joke with her when i would take her asking things like "so whats in the book this time? " I would sit in the room with her and hear her time after time telling him i dont take 1/3 of what you write (meaning the amount of pain medication) and he would just ignore her. After my mom having bad reactons to all the junk he would write... like make her so mean we couldnt stand to be around her to it making her want to kill herself so she wouldnt have to deal with life... things really turned bad and she told him she thought one or more of the meds he gave her messed her stomach up so he gives more pills ... she sees her primary doctor who finds out she has something really wrong with her stomach and sends her to a gi specialist. .. mom tells mr crumb this and he writes more meds and gets mad at mom when he finds out she isnt taking all the meds he gives her... few weeks go by gi doc finds spots in her intestines that might be meds tells her to stop taking everything but what she has to (keep the heart meds and very small amounts of pain meds) ok goes back to see crumb tells him what is going on and that she cant take all meds he wants her too he gets mad and walks out .... now here is the kicker .... he isnt even man enough to come back in the room and tell her anything he sends in his nurse to tell my mother "beings you wont take when he tells you to he will no longer put up with you but dont worry we wont leave you high and dry you can get a partial month next month" my mom starts crying and walks out she is not one to say anything wrong or cross .... so today we hit that next month mom has a appointment to see a new doctor but it will be a few weeks so she did what the lacky told her to do and called this morning only to get said nurse to call her back and tell her " you are no longer a patient here dont call back" and hung up.... so yes i am mad writing this been wanting to for years but my mom was worried that he would take it out on her .... i hope you read this doctor crumb and not just have it removed

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

Dr. James M. Crumb's Credentials

• University Of Colorado School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)