Ratings for Dr. Ralph Wilkinson

I was referred to this doctor about two years ago to perform a small operation on my toe. He arranged for a follow up appointment in order to perform the actual operation, which he said would take 7 minutes approximately and that I would be off my foot for the weekend afterwards. When I arrived for the operation, he changed his diagnosis of the severity, saying I would be my off my foot for at least a week. He refused to perform the operation. He was completely uncaring. I had taken the morning off work, and my father had come with me to the appointment as I would not be able to drive after. His advice was to buy big shoes so my toe would not rub, and just to deal with this problem with my toe. He was cold as ice and was eager to get me out of the office. This doctor was a waste of time and I would not recommend anyone to him.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2009

He has been my derm for over twenty years. Ironic sense of humour(those of you who don't get it, TOUGH!) Everything he has done has helped with my chronic skin problem. Very sorry to hear that he has had a massive stroke.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2009

I'm a doctor myself (though he did not know this) and I consider Dr R.W. to be the best at what he does. He took the time to explain. He explained the complex nature of eczema: the psychological factors of the condition. And unlike other derms, he did not prescribe cortisone. His advice to wear hats when sunny and take warm (<30 C) showers with no soap has done wonders for my skin. Bravo.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2009

I consulted him 3 times for different reasons and I was very happy with the results. If you wish to get more information just ask him questions. He will answer.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2009

Do you need to stare at a coat hanger for 10 minutes to see that it is a coat hanger? He is a professional and knows what he is talking about. If you had a day full of people like some of the commentators below how would you feel? He is a great doctor who knows his stuff.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2009

This doctor is very pleasant, and very knowledgeable. He really took his time to explain all my questions. And he is much more organized than his staff, who are soo lost and always mixing up documentation. I was scheduled for a surgery, unfortunatly he got a stroke. Don't know if i can trust another doctor as much as him.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2008

I know he can be a real ass sometimes but don't give up on him...he's a pro and I trust him completely.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2008

The doctor was very abrupt, the whole appointment lasted 4 minutes. My appointment was scheduled 4 months in advance and I arrived early but I still had to wait an hour. He prescribed me my acne cream and pills but didn't explain anything about the side effects. He was not rude but did not seem to have a caring kind personality. I would avoid this doc.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2008

I have seen this doctor twice. I found him very knowledgeable and very thorough. He removed skin cancer from my back. Perhaps the reason he has so many unfavourable ratings is because, as an occupational hazard dermatologists deal with very many patients who are vain! I recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2008

not knowledgeable, uncaring; yawning while pt is talking shows uninterest and rudeness. Doesn`t want to listen.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2008