Ratings for Dr. Richard A. Furie

First doctor I saw for my swollen fingers immediately told me I had lupus. I went into a deep depression. I called the Lupus foundation and they recommended that I see a Dr. Richard Furie, which I did. Was he friendly . . . No, he wasn't. BUT HE WAS A BRILLIANT DOCTOR. The only one to find out that my swolllen fingers was from a new medicine that I was on.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

Dr Furie is okay...office staff needs an adjustment...I have a possibly life threatening diagnosis and they are dismissive like I have papercut.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

Dr. Furie correctly diagnosed me over the phone after many other physicians could not provide answers. After he examined me and sent me for tests he confirmed his diagnosis made by phone. I had an obscure disease and his knowledge gave me answers. For this reason I will always recommend him. He did not however write a letter to my primary physician. My primary physician told me he never receives a letter from Furie. If a diagnosis is what you are seeking, don't hesitate to go. He is a brilliant doctor.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2012

I had a wide range of tests performed by Dr. Furie. He had promised to call within a few days with the test results. I left four messages over a month. He returned none of them. He had a colleague call me a month later while he was in Spain. I had a question on what was discussed and after two months, he has not responded. Incredible.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2012

this doctor gave a wonderful life to my friend, one that she might not have had without him, i highly recommend him

flag | Submitted January 9, 2011

Dr. Furie has saved the life of a good friend of mine 3 times. He knows what he is doing and is a good doctor.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2011

Really terrific physician, astute and caring, but at the same time willing to tell you the hard truth, including when he feels that you have been given the wrong diagnosis all along.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2010

I found him to be a pompus, arrogant man. He told me I was looking for a "label" - I'M LOOKING FOR ANSWERS! He maybe an "expert" in rheumatology, but he has ZERO bedside manner and he really was just not a pleasant man at all.. I even don't care so much about his personality, but he was rude and not only did he say he felt I did not have what I had been previously diagnosed with (Lupus), he had little to say about what it could be. Despite MANY physical symptoms, and many positive clinical tests, he'd have to "label" me as "NO"... WTF does that mean??? ugh

flag | Submitted October 11, 2010

Dr. Richard Furie is and will always be my best doctor. I have a complicated illness and he is always there for me. He returns my calls, answers my emails, always! I had a baby 10 weeks premature, and although, quiet in nature, was always involved in my well being even in areas outside of his medical specialty. Works well with my other physicians. I have been to every doctor in Manhattan and he stands along side the best of them. He came to me as a referral from my Rheum. at NYU plus the Lupus foundation. Excellent doctor and his assistant Laura is outstanding as well. Knowledgable and caring and I will continue to recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2010

Dr.Furie has zero bedside manners. He is full of himself and shows no interest in you. I have suffered from RA for 10 yrs but he said that I did not have RA because my blood test was negative,although I had all the visible symptoms, stiffness,painful,swollen and diformed joints. He could not treat me!

flag | Submitted June 15, 2009

Dr. Richard A. Furie's Credentials

• Spanish

• Cornell University Medical College (Grad. 1979)

Banner Health