Ratings for Dr. Ealena S. Callender

Literally the WORST doctor I’ve ever seen and I’ve seeb a lot of doctors for different needs. She didn’t explain anything to me, extremely vague and rolled her eyes multiple times. She doubted me when I said I had pain and didn’t address my issue. I’m pregnant with my first child and I needed to know if a certain disease (toxoplasmosis) would effect my baby and she basically just said, “why don’t I refer you to a specialist.” I feel more anxious then before I went in for my appointment. I’m switching doctors ASAP.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2018

Had a visit with her at Hampton roads obgyn center! She's very rude, stand offish and just very unprofessional! During my exam I was experiencing pain and kept moving, to which she stated " you do want this done today right?" As if I was wasting her time and she needed to hurry up and didn't care if I was in pain! I wouldn't recommend anyone be a patient of hers!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

I would not recommend anyone to go to this doctor. She isn't very helpful nor informative. She's very cold and standoffish. She doesn't explain anything and doesn't go over lab results. I do not feel safe or comfortable with this doctor. I don't trust her and she will not be delivering my baby.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2017

She minimized my health concerns to the point that I am flying home to my former Obgyn to get the care that I need. She is condescending and minimizes your health care concerns. Bedside manner was terse, cold, and she seemed to not care about any opinion other than her own. I will never go back to her office again.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2014

I trust her and feel that she has my best interests at heart. I feel like she always explains things thoroughly and helpls me to make educated decisions about my care.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2013

I met Dr. Callender when she performed my Laparoscopic Salpingectomy in the fall of 2007. I became her regular patient after I miscarried twins in 2009. She has always been extremely thorough and helped me to understood my health. I would recommend anyone to her because my life was clearly safe in her hands in 2007, and she's been not only a doctor but a friend to me. Furthermore, her staff is always polite, discreet and punctual. I've been a patient at a reputable practice on the Peninsula, and I have to say that Dr. Callender nor Center for Women's Health ever made me feel like a number like the other one tended to on a regular basis.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2011

I never post reviews online, and I am not one to complain, but Dr. Callendar is the WORST caregiver/professional I have ever encountered. I thought she was having a bad day the first time I met with her, but was treated poorly at a subsequent visit, and hope that she is not present at my delivery. She is callous and mean, not helpful, and extremely condescending. She did not want to take time to answer any of my questions OR review test results with me (I am having an issue that needs monitoring). I am having my first child, and I do not know a lot about pregnancy, so I rely on the staff expertise to guide me through this process. Twice, she has said to me, "Do you want the test/exam or not", because I wasn't sure of the office protocol. I warn anyone DO NOT go to this doctor. It really upsets me that she is making money treating patients the way she does. She does not deserve to make a career out of caring for others.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2011

Dr. Calender is one of the best Dr's i have ever had. She was there for me when i needed her. She is very careing,experienced and knowledgeable.Dr Calender will help you make the best decision for your care.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2011

Dr. Callender is excellent. I trust her judgement everytime. I know without a doubt the she cares for her patients.Her knowledge and skill is amazing. I trust this dr with my life and the life of any child I will carry. As long as she practices as a dr I will be her patient. Thank you dr for all that you do for and about women! Her and her staff gave me the best of care when I was hurt and having gyn problems.She has dedicated her life for the women's services and it shows!

flag | Submitted May 5, 2011

She is a very helpful doctor with all her experience. She takes time to answer all questions.

Dr. Ealena S. Callender's Credentials

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine (Grad. 2002)

Top Hospitals in Albert Lea, MN