Ratings for Dr. Ealena S. Callender

She minimized my health concerns to the point that I am flying home to my former Obgyn to get the care that I need. She is condescending and minimizes your health care concerns. Bedside manner was terse, cold, and she seemed to not care about any opinion other than her own. I will never go back to her office again.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2014

I trust her and feel that she has my best interests at heart. I feel like she always explains things thoroughly and helpls me to make educated decisions about my care.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2013

I met Dr. Callender when she performed my Laparoscopic Salpingectomy in the fall of 2007. I became her regular patient after I miscarried twins in 2009. She has always been extremely thorough and helped me to understood my health. I would recommend anyone to her because my life was clearly safe in her hands in 2007, and she's been not only a doctor but a friend to me. Furthermore, her staff is always polite, discreet and punctual. I've been a patient at a reputable practice on the Peninsula, and I have to say that Dr. Callender nor Center for Women's Health ever made me feel like a number like the other one tended to on a regular basis.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2011

I never post reviews online, and I am not one to complain, but Dr. Callendar is the WORST caregiver/professional I have ever encountered. I thought she was having a bad day the first time I met with her, but was treated poorly at a subsequent visit, and hope that she is not present at my delivery. She is callous and mean, not helpful, and extremely condescending. She did not want to take time to answer any of my questions OR review test results with me (I am having an issue that needs monitoring). I am having my first child, and I do not know a lot about pregnancy, so I rely on the staff expertise to guide me through this process. Twice, she has said to me, "Do you want the test/exam or not", because I wasn't sure of the office protocol. I warn anyone DO NOT go to this doctor. It really upsets me that she is making money treating patients the way she does. She does not deserve to make a career out of caring for others.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2011

Dr. Calender is one of the best Dr's i have ever had. She was there for me when i needed her. She is very careing,experienced and knowledgeable.Dr Calender will help you make the best decision for your care.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2011

Dr. Callender is excellent. I trust her judgement everytime. I know without a doubt the she cares for her patients.Her knowledge and skill is amazing. I trust this dr with my life and the life of any child I will carry. As long as she practices as a dr I will be her patient. Thank you dr for all that you do for and about women! Her and her staff gave me the best of care when I was hurt and having gyn problems.She has dedicated her life for the women's services and it shows!

flag | Submitted May 5, 2011

She is a very helpful doctor with all her experience. She takes time to answer all questions.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2011

Very disappointed in her ability to answer questions, and not very comfortable with her competency level as a doctor. She could not answer questions concerning risk or benefits of a prescription. She gave my husband and me the impression that she did not want to spend time with us. This was my second visit with her during my pregnancy. Latest visit, she had not reviewed my file, unsure of test results, didn't do the ultrasound as instructed by physician the week before (check on baby position), and it goes on. Earlier visit I had with her I had expressed a concern with having a bad yeast infection, she did not exam or test, and told me to get OTC anti-itch cream, not the OTC to take care of a yeast infection. Had to go back in five days to see another doctor in the practice who didn't hesitate to exam me and treat the yeast infection. I've seen Dr. Coyle, Dr. Anderson and Dr. Thom all of which are excellent, patient, and understanding doctors that I would definitely recommend.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2011

I went into labor and dr. callendar was on call, I only saw her one time and I knew I did not like her b/c when I asked her questions she just looked at me with a stupid look and couldn't answer them. This was not my first baby either. She saw that I was in labor and that my water was leaking but she for some reason didn't believe I was going to have the baby. So after 32 hours of labor and my baby coming out on the bed due to the ignorant nurse at Mary immaculate hospital I waited for dr callendar to show up. when she did she did not numb me before stitching me back up, and she put to many stitches in that my reg dr had to cut some out a few weeks later after giving birth. And she also discharged me from the hospial with an infection in my uterus, so I ended up back in the er and was told i would of had to have a hysterectomy if i had waited. So she really shouldn't be in practice with that being said. I'll never go back to Mary immaculate, it was dirty, the nurse I had was rude.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2010

This doctor is very rude and uncaring. Every visit she seems as if she is always annoyed with my questions or concerns and has the worst bedside manner I have ever encounter. Her attitude towards my husband and I was if she had better things to do rather then care for us as patients. She giving her office a BAD REP!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2010

Dr. Ealena S. Callender's Credentials

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine (Grad. 2002)

Top Hospitals in Albert Lea, MN