Ratings for Dr. Fred Mather

I can relate to the women who have sceptical and distrusting opinions of this doctor.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2016

Frankly, having to give one star is offensive. This man has mis-diagnosed not just me, but my family as well. He likes to prescribe medications, and will prescribe you something that is dangerous, wrong for your condition, and which you do not need. He is far, far behind on any research and seemingly has not read a medical article since the late 70s. The medication he prescribes is old, his methods are behind, and most of the time he will say there is nothing wrong with you despite you being very ill. He will not refer you to other professionals, he does not listen to your concerns, rather he consistently will put you on more pills and increase the dosage. One-on-one he is very dismissive and is quite old-fashioned in that he thinks doctor always knows best. He uses a very out-dated method for determining whether or not your blood results merit doing anything about, and if you go to any other doctor (as I did, with my results) they will be horrified that your family doctor did nothing. Lastly, he is possibly one of the creepiest persons / men I have ever met in my life--the way he stares at you, even when you have clothes on is truly sickening.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

I've been a patient since he opened his practice. Nothing against him personally but since he moved and added new staff I'm not impressed. I've been refused an appointment on 3 different occasions. I must be over the yearly allowance ohip pays per patient. They make me feel like a hypochondriac. Hopefully they change this.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

I have been anpatient of his since I was a kid and have never felt comfortable around him. 4 years ago, I had an incident resulting in chronic muscle damage through my shoulder and back. It took 3 years to get results and that was only because he was on vacation at the time. Dr.Young was the one who gave me medication and sent me to a sports specialist who was baffled that he had never sent me for X-rays or muscle inflammation pills. Mather also sent me to massage therapy.. My sports doctor said that was stupid since it just spazzes the muscles - which it did and I was on bed rest for 4 days. I would never recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015

Dr. Mather is a fine doctor and always listens well to my concerns. He reviews the prescriptions that he has given me to be sure that they are still valid. My family are his patients as well and he has given them the best of care.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2015

I am not sure how his rating got higher again. He and his staff probably go on here and increase the rating. This scumbag lives by his prescription pad. He's unethical and very creepy. His staff are terrible too, they will harass you. BEWARE OF THIS MAN!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

Dr Mather has been my family Doctor since he set up practice in Kitchener over 20 years ago. My ex-wife(a nurse) and I have both stayed with him all these years because he is GOOD.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2015

Dr. Mather prescribed my grandson an epipen which saved his life. A different family doctor refused to do that. I will be forever grateful.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

I am another former patient. Avoid this man at all costs. I had to have a gynecology exam. He demanded that he had to do it. He couldn't recommend a female gynecologist to do it? I said I wanted a female present in the room, he and his female nurse said no. I should have walked out. I knew something was wrong and will be reporting this man to the college. This is not ethical at all! He's a creep, avoid this man at all costs, especially if you are female!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

I'm a former patient. I saw him from when I was a child till I was in my early 20s. I was prescribed a medication when I was young, he never once reviewed it. My current doctor told me that it was a old medication and couldn't understand why I was still on it. This has cost me brain damage and some stomach and health issues. He could have killed me. I also happened to be transgendered and he refused to treat me at the time. Apparently, a few years ago he told my mother that he now has a new transgendered patient and that he wanted resources. Doesn't this guy have colleagues? Ever heard of the internet? I saw one of his nurse friends in a grocery store, she followed me around the store....really awkward! This guy is just plain lazy. Best part, is that he actually admitted to my father that he misdiagnosed him and prescribed him the wrong medication. Avoid this man at all costs....even if he's on call at the hospitals(St. Marys or Grand River), he's a scumbag.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014