You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Fred Mather

I've been a patient since he opened his practice. Nothing against him personally but since he moved and added new staff I'm not impressed. I've been refused an appointment on 3 different occasions. I must be over the yearly allowance ohip pays per patient. They make me feel like a hypochondriac. Hopefully they change this.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

I have been anpatient of his since I was a kid and have never felt comfortable around him. 4 years ago, I had an incident resulting in chronic muscle damage through my shoulder and back. It took 3 years to get results and that was only because he was on vacation at the time. Dr.Young was the one who gave me medication and sent me to a sports specialist who was baffled that he had never sent me for X-rays or muscle inflammation pills. Mather also sent me to massage therapy.. My sports doctor said that was stupid since it just spazzes the muscles - which it did and I was on bed rest for 4 days. I would never recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015

Dr. Mather is a fine doctor and always listens well to my concerns. He reviews the prescriptions that he has given me to be sure that they are still valid. My family are his patients as well and he has given them the best of care.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2015

I am not sure how his rating got higher again. He and his staff probably go on here and increase the rating. This scumbag lives by his prescription pad. He's unethical and very creepy. His staff are terrible too, they will harass you. BEWARE OF THIS MAN!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

Dr Mather has been my family Doctor since he set up practice in Kitchener over 20 years ago. My ex-wife(a nurse) and I have both stayed with him all these years because he is GOOD.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2015

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

I am another former patient. Avoid this man at all costs. I had to have a gynecology exam. He demanded that he had to do it. He couldn't recommend a female gynecologist to do it? I said I wanted a female present in the room, he and his female nurse said no. I should have walked out. I knew something was wrong and will be reporting this man to the college. This is not ethical at all! He's a creep, avoid this man at all costs, especially if you are female!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

I'm a former patient. I saw him from when I was a child till I was in my early 20s. I was prescribed a medication when I was young, he never once reviewed it. My current doctor told me that it was a old medication and couldn't understand why I was still on it. This has cost me brain damage and some stomach and health issues. He could have killed me. I also happened to be transgendered and he refused to treat me at the time. Apparently, a few years ago he told my mother that he now has a new transgendered patient and that he wanted resources. Doesn't this guy have colleagues? Ever heard of the internet? I saw one of his nurse friends in a grocery store, she followed me around the store....really awkward! This guy is just plain lazy. Best part, is that he actually admitted to my father that he misdiagnosed him and prescribed him the wrong medication. Avoid this man at all costs....even if he's on call at the hospitals(St. Marys or Grand River), he's a scumbag.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

I've been a patient of Dr. Mathers for over 20 years and I must say that I am very surprised to see some of these ridiculous comments and accusations of misconduct. Dr Mather is a good man and an excellent doctor. He has done a lot for me especially a few years ago, he has empathy and compasion for his patients, he may not show it but that's because that is his job. He may look up medications online but it is because medications are constantly changing and he wants to find the best possible solution. Every doctor office has a problem with being on time for appointments, but it is not their fault that they have thousands of patients to deal with. Their is obviously a doctor shortage because the Ontario gov doesn't pay them what they deserve. I commend Dr Mather for being the man he is and the excellent doctor that he is. People are narrow minded and don't look at the bigger picture. Dr Mather has always done a great job for me and I think people need should give him credit not condem him

flag | Submitted January 2, 2013

Dr Mather and his team have always treated me and my growing family wonderfully. As a family doctor he is knowledgeable, provides specialist referrals as required and medicates only when necessary. Many people abuse our health care system, my visits to the doctor are minimal, only a couple of times per year ( it's only this high b/c of the kids) Dr Mather has been my physician since I was a young child, I have nothing but respect for the man! I appreciate the level of care he has provided me and my boys!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2012

Dr. Fred Mather's Credentials

Updates

• A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I've been a patient since he opened his practice. Nothing against him personally but since he moved and added new staff I'm not impressed. I've been refused an ..."

March 3, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I have been anpatient of his since I was a kid and have never felt comfortable around him. 4 years ago, I had an incident resulting in chronic muscle damage thr..."

November 25, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Mather is a fine doctor and always listens well to my concerns. He reviews the prescriptions that he has given me to be sure that they are still valid. My..."

November 14, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I am not sure how his rating got higher again. He and his staff probably go on here and increase the rating. This scumbag lives by his prescription pad. He's un..."

November 9, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Mather has been my family Doctor since he set up practice in Kitchener over 20 years ago. My ex-wife(a nurse) and I have both stayed with him all these years..."

August 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Mather prescribed my grandson an epipen which saved his life. A different family doctor refused to do that. I will be forever grateful."

May 29, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I am another former patient. Avoid this man at all costs. I had to have a gynecology exam. He demanded that he had to do it. He couldn't recommend a female gyne..."

January 12, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I'm a former patient. I saw him from when I was a child till I was in my early 20s. I was prescribed a medication when I was young, he never once reviewed it. M..."

September 23, 2014