Ratings for Dr. Fred Mather

This doctor is a lazy and unethical jerk. Avoid like the plague!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2016

Ew! Such a creepy man. Avoid! I think this man has retired but I would still avoid him! especially dangerous to women and marginalized folk. Avoid! Don't be afraid to kick this bastard in the nuts.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

I can relate to the women who have sceptical and distrusting opinions of this doctor.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2016

Frankly, having to give one star is offensive. This man has mis-diagnosed not just me, but my family as well. He likes to prescribe medications, and will prescribe you something that is dangerous, wrong for your condition, and which you do not need. He is far, far behind on any research and seemingly has not read a medical article since the late 70s. The medication he prescribes is old, his methods are behind, and most of the time he will say there is nothing wrong with you despite you being very ill. He will not refer you to other professionals, he does not listen to your concerns, rather he consistently will put you on more pills and increase the dosage. One-on-one he is very dismissive and is quite old-fashioned in that he thinks doctor always knows best. He uses a very out-dated method for determining whether or not your blood results merit doing anything about, and if you go to any other doctor (as I did, with my results) they will be horrified that your family doctor did nothing. Lastly, he is possibly one of the creepiest persons / men I have ever met in my life--the way he stares at you, even when you have clothes on is truly sickening.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

I've been a patient since he opened his practice. Nothing against him personally but since he moved and added new staff I'm not impressed. I've been refused an appointment on 3 different occasions. I must be over the yearly allowance ohip pays per patient. They make me feel like a hypochondriac. Hopefully they change this.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

I have been anpatient of his since I was a kid and have never felt comfortable around him. 4 years ago, I had an incident resulting in chronic muscle damage through my shoulder and back. It took 3 years to get results and that was only because he was on vacation at the time. Dr.Young was the one who gave me medication and sent me to a sports specialist who was baffled that he had never sent me for X-rays or muscle inflammation pills. Mather also sent me to massage therapy.. My sports doctor said that was stupid since it just spazzes the muscles - which it did and I was on bed rest for 4 days. I would never recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015

Dr. Mather is a fine doctor and always listens well to my concerns. He reviews the prescriptions that he has given me to be sure that they are still valid. My family are his patients as well and he has given them the best of care.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2015

I am not sure how his rating got higher again. He and his staff probably go on here and increase the rating. This scumbag lives by his prescription pad. He's unethical and very creepy. His staff are terrible too, they will harass you. BEWARE OF THIS MAN!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

Dr Mather has been my family Doctor since he set up practice in Kitchener over 20 years ago. My ex-wife(a nurse) and I have both stayed with him all these years because he is GOOD.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2015

Dr. Mather prescribed my grandson an epipen which saved his life. A different family doctor refused to do that. I will be forever grateful.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015