Ratings for Dr. Fred Mather

I see that this man still has his chums write positive reviews for him. this man harms people! This man admitted to misdiagnosing my father, put him on the wrong medication and nearly killed him! Never once reviewed my old medication too nearly killing me. Never sent me to a specialist or anything either. Absolutely nothing. This man is retiring this month. My only concern now is how he will treat people as a civilian. Better not run into him in a dark place!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

I'm at a loss to understand why anyone who has ever had DR Mather as a family doctor would speak so disparagingly about him. He took my entire family on as patients when others would not, he is a highly regarded gerontologist who devotes many hours to Freeport Hospital and has for many many years. He is kind, gentle and caring. He has been quick to refer to specialists and follows up on a regular basis to ensure the treatment is working. The staff is extremely professional and I have never been refused a call for an appointment and have been given one immediately if I called with a significant concern. Doctors are not gods and those that expect instant results or meds without a complete evaluation or believe they know more than the doctors should go back to school for 10 years and then try their luck with ungrateful, mean and non-compliant patients.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

Here to report that this man will be retiring in August. He should have retired way before or been fired. Fred Mather you are and will always be a scumbag. If I ever see you in public and you approach me ; you will be hurt. That is a warning. the scumbag is retiring! hallelujah

flag | Submitted May 20, 2017

I would totally help anyone report and get this doctor fired and fined instantly. Dr Mather you're a unethical and dangerous person that deserves to be in PRISON!

flag | Submitted December 18, 2016

Why would anyone go out of their way to express disappointment or an unfortunate experience? I have experienced sexual impropriety with this doctor. He became very frightening and threatening when I confronted him. I developed fear of the professional hierarchy system. I am forced to succumb to the pressure. He will prove himself ultimately to be right. Anyone care to help me?

flag | Submitted December 17, 2016

Been seeing Dr Mather my entire life and never had an issue. My entire family visits and appreciates his wealth of knowledge.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

This doctor is a lazy and unethical jerk. Avoid like the plague!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2016

Ew! Such a creepy man. Avoid! I think this man has retired but I would still avoid him! especially dangerous to women and marginalized folk. Avoid! Don't be afraid to kick this bastard in the nuts.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

I can relate to the women who have sceptical and distrusting opinions of this doctor.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2016

Frankly, having to give one star is offensive. This man has mis-diagnosed not just me, but my family as well. He likes to prescribe medications, and will prescribe you something that is dangerous, wrong for your condition, and which you do not need. He is far, far behind on any research and seemingly has not read a medical article since the late 70s. The medication he prescribes is old, his methods are behind, and most of the time he will say there is nothing wrong with you despite you being very ill. He will not refer you to other professionals, he does not listen to your concerns, rather he consistently will put you on more pills and increase the dosage. One-on-one he is very dismissive and is quite old-fashioned in that he thinks doctor always knows best. He uses a very out-dated method for determining whether or not your blood results merit doing anything about, and if you go to any other doctor (as I did, with my results) they will be horrified that your family doctor did nothing. Lastly, he is possibly one of the creepiest persons / men I have ever met in my life--the way he stares at you, even when you have clothes on is truly sickening.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016