Ratings for Dr. Erik B. Hurst

NO stars recommended. This office has been very unprofessional with a situation that occured while my daughter was a patient. She is currently on WV Medicaid due to the fact that she is a College student and full time worker for Urgent Care. She has been seeing the Physician Assistant for about 5 months now and has not had any kind of relief for ailment. She requested to see the Doctor for another look at her condition and was told because of her insurance (Medicaid)she could not see the Doctor. I immediately called and addressed this illegal and discrimative approach and she was then put in the Doctors schedule. In the meantime she continued to see the PA one more time where she was embarassed and rediculed for her illness and made to feel less than a human being. I DO NOT recommend this office if you want quality care and care about being discriminated against based on the fact she is not a "paying customer" aka insurance. Totally uncalled for!

flag | Submitted March 16, 2018

Great experience! Office & Dr. are friendly, knowledgeable

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

Dr Hurst is the best. First of all he really cares. I have a lot of anxiety about screenings and biopsies. He always assures me that all will be fine! His staff is friendly and very accommodating. He is definitely the best in Dermatology!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

I have had multiple experience with doctor and staff and been pleased each time to include surgery and follow up. Highly recommend for their professionalism and service.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

Wonderful doctor who spent time with me and seemed genuinely concerned about my problem. I was able to be seen quickly as well and didn't wait long on the day of my appointment.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

Spent very little time with me. When I made my appointment, I had been asked about a full body scan, which I did not receive. Doctor made it seem like it was an inconvenience that I was there.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

I was very satisfied with the office from start to finish. Everyone was friendly to me.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

Office staff is rude and unprofessional. They demanded a deductible payment without ever creating or giving me a bill of services. The check out receptionist opened a binder, looked at a page and then said $87 dollars. I have NEVER paid a deductible up front with out it being billed to insurance first! I have NEVER paid that much for an office visit anywhere! Very expensive doctor in a town with no right sides of the tracks. Never going back, not sure how I will get my money back when the bill is actually processed and they find that I don't owe that much money. Pathetic!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

The medical staff was professional but the front office staff seems confused and sometimes unprofessional. I don't know if they lack training or what but its a bit odd when going there sometimes. I would rate the medical team on the higher side but the office staff would have to get the lower ratings.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

Dr. Hurst and his staff are great! My questions were listened to and answered appropriately. He explained the answer in a way I could understand. He has a very kind staff as well. Everyone was very nice.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2014

Dr. Erik B. Hurst's Credentials

• Marshall University School Medicine (Grad. 2003)

Top Hospitals in Martinsburg, WV