Ratings for Dr. Mark J. McClure

I have been going to Dr. McClure for about 20 years, the work he has done has withstood the test of time. His hygienist is very knowledgeable and friendly. I always look forward to going to the dentist.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

Dr. Mark McClure is the best dentist I have come across. He's a complete dentist, doing everything including oral surgery, and he adapts what is needed to each individual patient. The staff is very good at getting me in to see him quickly when I have a dental emergency (broken off tooth, etc.) I like the fact that Dr. McClure thinks beyond the immediate dental care to how your mouth affects your whole physical system. And unlike some dentists I've been to, his assistants are very competent.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2014

Dr. McClure is a nice guy and did a good job in a rather unusual procedure. He took time to talk to me about the problem--I didn't get the feeling he was rushing to get the next patient, which I've felt in other dentists' offices. The staff was also very nice, and the fee was reasonable. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2013

Dr. McClure removed 4 wisdom teeth and it was a very positive experience for someone like me who does not like to be in the dental chair. It was painless, I felt great afterward and he is extremely knowledgable and caring.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2013

Went mcclure bc of gum issues had seen another dds every 4 months for 10 yrs but gums bleeding.I didn't feel treatment was effective.mcclure did major scalings upper,lower several times($$$)and gave me the same periodental rinse same other dds had done before, then cleared me to get full braces. During the 2 yrs I saw mcclure I continued to have gum bleeding and developed a mouth odor. mcclure & his dental asst.carolyn cromer continued to dismiss my concerns.After 18 months in braces I insisted on seeing a periodontist.The periodontist saw the gum problems immediately, performed $4000 worth of gum "flip" surgery on me the next week. She said I should have been seen by her before getting braces on my teeth AND I could have lost many of my teeth bc of the untreated gum disease and having braces on my teeth made it worse.I plan to file a complaints again mcclure with the state board and ADA. Judith Frazier

flag | Submitted January 27, 2010

It took 3 1/2 weeks and 5 attempts to get through to him after a procedure caused a serious complication. Staff was inexplicably uncooperative and hostile and said that dental problems did not warrant communication with a dentist (?)

flag | Submitted August 26, 2009

I had gone to Dr. McClure because of TMJ and initially his work was helpful. But at the end of nearly a year, he proposed some work that I had to think about. When I returned to talk about it again, he did not recall what he had proposed and was proposing something entirely different and very radical, essentially capping all of my teeth at a cost of thousands of dollars. When I questioned him about this new proposal, he checked the notes and realized the discrepancy. He could not provide me with an adequate explanation so I left him and completed my treatment with another dentist. My problem has been solved, no teeth were capped and I was not out thousands of dollars. I would not go back to Dr. McClure.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2008