Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Kam Shojania

Dr Kam Shojania is a great doctor. office staff and student Dermatology require more improvement.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2018

This man has treated me for over ten years and saved me from a lifetime of pain and deformity. He is superbly knowledgeable, compassionate and open-minded. Questions are welcome and he communicates with clarity and respect. None better in my opinion.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2018

he did put my life back on track ,and his staff were awesome and wham he dumped me gave me to another doctor havent heard a ##### thing from him cancel my appointments thats what at least 12 years get me

flag | Submitted October 13, 2017

Dr. Kam Shojania's response
I am very sorry to hear this. This was not my intention. Sometimes I suggest a rheumatologist closer to your home. Please contact my office and we will rebook.

Submitted October 23, 2017

He is the doctor whom practically saved my life. Very knowledgeable and sympathetic. He knows what you need and what works best for you. Very good bedside manner and one of the outstanding doctors in this city. Thank you Dr. Shojania

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

Number 1 rheumatologist. He is just the best in Vancouver

flag | Submitted July 29, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Shojania for a second opinion after having seen another rheumatologist. Not only was he able to determine the correct diagnosis but he put me on a treatment plan that significantly improved my symptoms. He was very knowledgable about this disease and was patient in answering all of my questions about it. He was very compassionate - as was his secretary. There was another doctor who attended as well who was one of his students. He taught the student about this condition with me there. I appreciated the extra attention of having two doctors reviewing my case. I have spent a lot of time in doctors' offices during the last few years and can say that Dr. Shojania is the best. I feel lucky to be one of his patients.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2017

Bad experience. Was hopeful as during first visit was so knowledgable and helpful and actually gave me hope to finding out more about what was going on with me, helping my symptoms and so on. After that, it went down hill. They weren't finding obvious answers and gave up. I came in for an appointment and he actually sent in the intern assistant to brush me off and send me home. I have never felt so low and so alone. I actually burst into tears right there in the office. I had so much hope for this doctor in helping me. He seemed so knowledgable but he just dumped me for no reason out of no where. He didn't even do it himself, that was the worst part about it. He was there in the office beside the one they put me in, he even walked by at one point yet didn't acknowledge me or what was happening. I still have no idea why I was treated that way and why he gave up on helping me. I hope he reads this and doesn't hurt another patient like that.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2017

Dr. Kam Shojania's response
I definitely did read this and I am sorry. I did not mean to brush you off. Sometimes we are not able to figure things out and sometimes the condition will declare itself. If you call my office I will review your situation and speak with you.

Submitted October 23, 2017

Dr. Shojania is the best doctor I've ever had to meet or be treated by. I became his patient in 1995 when I was pregnant and diagnosed with Lupus SLE. He was a life saver! I absolutely adore him and count myself lucky for having him as my doctor. So many reasons he's the best, but he really does care.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

I have been going to Dr K Shojania since 2007, my quality of life has improved significantly since he started treating me.. He is wonderful to talk to, listens and does everything to help me. I highly recommend him and will continue seeing him.. Quite honestly, I am shocked by the negative comments of a small handful of patients, I'm chalking it up to these other patients as having difficult personalities.. IMHO

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

He's the best. I have been fortunate enough to have him and his brother as my rheumatologists, they are excellent doctors

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

Dr. Kam Shojania's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Kam Shojania is a Clinical Professor and the Head of the Division of Rheumatology, Faculty of Medicine at University of British Columbia (UBC). Dr. Shojania is also Chief of Rheumatology at St. Paul’s Hospital and Vancouver General Hospital. Dr. Shojania is the Medical Director of the Mary Pack Arthritis Program – BC’s Provincial Arthritis Program. Dr. Shojania is a graduate from UBC medical school where he also completed his specialty training in Internal Medicine and his fellowship in Rheumatology. Dr. Shojania is an investigator at Arthritis Research Canada (ARC) and at the Centre for Health Evaluation and Outcome Sciences (CHEOS) in Vancouver. Dr. Shojania’s awards include a Clinician-Teacher Award from The Arthritis Society and a UBC Faculty of Medicine Award for Excellence in Teaching. He is a recipient of the UBC Master Teacher Award, the Howard Stein Award, the Fay Dirks Prize for Excellence in Teaching and the Canadian Rheumatology Association Teacher-Educator Award. He has been an invited speaker at over 60 national and international meetings. Dr. Shojania has over 100 publications and seven book chapters.

• English

• University of British Columbia (Grad. 1989)

• 2017- Fay R Dirks Award for Teaching Excellence