Ratings for Dr. Michelle F. Costa

Dr. Costa listens to my explanation of my situation (s). She then asks questions allowing her to determine a course of action. She states her recommendations and ask if I understand. If I have questions she answers to my satisfaction. She requests my consent and proceeds with her course of action. I have always felt better leaving her office than when I arrived. She is someone I trust, is understanding and demonstrates interest in my situation.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

I have found that all Doctors on Cape Cod and some in Boston are very rude and inconsiderate on an initial visit with them if you are having problems with pain. I think they do this to weed out the people who are just looking for narcotics, and are truly not looking to get healthy or treated for their condition. I have found that Dr. Costa is very knowledgeable and sometimes tell me more about myself than I know.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2016

I don't know where all these great ratings are coming from! My experience with Dr. Costa was in January of 2009. After years of undiagnosed ailments I was sent to see her. She spent 4 minutes with me, told me I had Fibromyalgia, told me I don't prescribe medication, and here's some paper to read. One of them was a Fibromyalgia support group that was no longer meeting. All of this was after 6 years of undiagnosed Lyme Disease followed by 3 years of antibiotics, menopause at 39 years old and being told I was much to young so I suffered for 12 years, hip surgery, shoulder surgery, 2 bad ulnar nerve surgeries now with permanent nerve damage in my hand and arm, years of depression and many medications. And then came Dr. Costa, she was absolutely no help, unsympathetic, and feel she was a waste of my time and the insurance companies money. I have been sick and in pain since moving to the Cape in 1999, and she is just one of many Dr.'s that have failed me. I think they need to listen more and take their patients seriously. Granted there are many out there just looking for prescriptions, but just as many that serious issued that need to be addressed.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

Dr Costa is no-nonsense, on her game, not rude at all, if u are looking for a therapist instead of an expert rheumatologist, sure, she doesnt fit the bill. I recommend her 100%.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

Extremely rude and disrespectful. During my initial visit and follow-up I was not listened to, examined, shown empathy, provided with an acceptable explanation for the worsening symptoms of my previously confirmed diagnosis (by a Cardiologist/Vascular Surgeon.) My visit summaries are condescending (to say the least.)...much like my hurried appointments with her (where I had to wait over 30 minutes and was then given less than 5 minutes of her time.) I have never felt so dismissed and so disrespected by a medical professional - ever.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

I found Dr. Costa to be very compassionate, knowledgeable and thorough during my visit. She not only focused on the pharmaceutical recommendations for my condition, but also spent a great deal of time advising me on alternatives, such as diet, exercise, and stress reduction. I would recommend her with no reservation.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2014

Dr. Costa is a very young inexperienced physician with a lot to learn about customer service. My experience with her as a patient was very disappointing. She needs to obtain better listening skills, acquire better communication skills, and gain compassion and empathy for her struggle ill patients.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014

Very rude and did not explain or even tough of check my body once for joint pain!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

She was a Great Doctor and very detailed. She listened to my problems.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2011

Dr. Costa is a great rheumatologist and an even better diagnostician. She treats the entire patient, not merely focusing on her specialty. She's extremely well qualified, helpful, prompt and efficient. Cute, too!

flag | Submitted March 18, 2010

Dr. Michelle F. Costa's Credentials

• University Of North Texas Health Science Center At Fort Worth (Grad. 2002)

• Bcbs Florida