Ratings for Dr. Michelle F. Costa

Highly intelligent and knowledgeable! Sympathetic and personable!

flag | Submitted March 30, 2018

I waited 3 months too see this doctor for lupus. In which was found in my blood work.....ice been in complete pain so bad that I can't turn in bad or stand up, walk , neck tenderness and hair loss, and the pain is worst. I go to see her and she perfoms a test on me not listening to my concerns and with the pain. U I called left a message for her to call me the next day she calls being very rude saying " don't call this number unless it's an emergency. Well first off, ur answering Serv. Is for ur patients and if it was a major deal I will call 911, but when I have to leave work cause the pain is so bad then, I would expect her to give me advise or a RX for this pain.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2018

I was told before I even saw Dr Costa that she could not help me. Despite initial frustration, I decided to keep my appointment (which had taken me 3 months to get) and meet with her. She was by far the most dismissive, apathetic, narcissistic doctor I have ever seen. She could not stop her infomercial-style script to listen to me but still diagnose me with fibromyalgia and push me out the door. The most disappointing doctor ever.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2017

In my opinion, a doctor's job is not to coddle you or to offer "tea and sympathy" for all the years you have suffered before you walked into his/her office. Dr. Costa is a excellent rheumatologist who has always conducted herself in a highly professional manner in all the years I have been going to her. I have never felt that she was dismissive of any of my concerns. She asks questions about my recent experiences. She recommends a course of treatment and asks if I have any questions about it or any medications. She is pleasant and convivial. That is what I expect and that is why I go to her. I have a friend who also sees Dr. Costa and he is quite happy with her as well. If we weren't happy we would go to someone else. And that has not happened yet.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

I was told within the first 5 minutes of my appointment that Dr. Costa could not help me. Without any real questions and absolutely no empathy. My primary felt insistent I go to her for help. Dr. Costa said " I don't know why she sent you hear I can't help. I paid the $50.00 co-pay and traveled the 2 hours back to Martha's Vineyard. I received a call @7:45 the next morning from the doctor saying she wanted to test me for something. After that experience I said no thank you. Very disappointed in her lack of professionalism.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Dr. Costa asks questions about condition, explains circumstances of condition, discusses approaches to remedy condition. Dr. Costa is trusted immediately, is understanding, pleasant, but firm in her convictions. Dr. Costa is knowledgeable in her profession and beyond and sets a relaxed and convincing atmosphere.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

Dr. Costa listens to my explanation of my situation (s). She then asks questions allowing her to determine a course of action. She states her recommendations and ask if I understand. If I have questions she answers to my satisfaction. She requests my consent and proceeds with her course of action. I have always felt better leaving her office than when I arrived. She is someone I trust, is understanding and demonstrates interest in my situation.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

I have found that all Doctors on Cape Cod and some in Boston are very rude and inconsiderate on an initial visit with them if you are having problems with pain. I think they do this to weed out the people who are just looking for narcotics, and are truly not looking to get healthy or treated for their condition. I have found that Dr. Costa is very knowledgeable and sometimes tell me more about myself than I know.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2016

I don't know where all these great ratings are coming from! My experience with Dr. Costa was in January of 2009. After years of undiagnosed ailments I was sent to see her. She spent 4 minutes with me, told me I had Fibromyalgia, told me I don't prescribe medication, and here's some paper to read. One of them was a Fibromyalgia support group that was no longer meeting. All of this was after 6 years of undiagnosed Lyme Disease followed by 3 years of antibiotics, menopause at 39 years old and being told I was much to young so I suffered for 12 years, hip surgery, shoulder surgery, 2 bad ulnar nerve surgeries now with permanent nerve damage in my hand and arm, years of depression and many medications. And then came Dr. Costa, she was absolutely no help, unsympathetic, and feel she was a waste of my time and the insurance companies money. I have been sick and in pain since moving to the Cape in 1999, and she is just one of many Dr.'s that have failed me. I think they need to listen more and take their patients seriously. Granted there are many out there just looking for prescriptions, but just as many that serious issued that need to be addressed.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

Dr Costa is no-nonsense, on her game, not rude at all, if u are looking for a therapist instead of an expert rheumatologist, sure, she doesnt fit the bill. I recommend her 100%.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

Dr. Michelle F. Costa's Credentials

• University Of North Texas Health Science Center At Fort Worth (Grad. 2002)

Top Hospitals in Falmouth, MA