Ratings for Dr. Michelle F. Costa

I don't know where all these great ratings are coming from! My experience with Dr. Costa was in January of 2009. After years of undiagnosed ailments I was sent to see her. She spent 4 minutes with me, told me I had Fibromyalgia, told me I don't prescribe medication, and here's some paper to read. One of them was a Fibromyalgia support group that was no longer meeting. All of this was after 6 years of undiagnosed Lyme Disease followed by 3 years of antibiotics, menopause at 39 years old and being told I was much to young so I suffered for 12 years, hip surgery, shoulder surgery, 2 bad ulnar nerve surgeries now with permanent nerve damage in my hand and arm, years of depression and many medications. And then came Dr. Costa, she was absolutely no help, unsympathetic, and feel she was a waste of my time and the insurance companies money. I have been sick and in pain since moving to the Cape in 1999, and she is just one of many Dr.'s that have failed me. I think they need to listen more and take their patients seriously. Granted there are many out there just looking for prescriptions, but just as many that serious issued that need to be addressed.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

Dr Costa is no-nonsense, on her game, not rude at all, if u are looking for a therapist instead of an expert rheumatologist, sure, she doesnt fit the bill. I recommend her 100%.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

Extremely rude and disrespectful. During my initial visit and follow-up I was not listened to, examined, shown empathy, provided with an acceptable explanation for the worsening symptoms of my previously confirmed diagnosis (by a Cardiologist/Vascular Surgeon.) My visit summaries are condescending (to say the least.)...much like my hurried appointments with her (where I had to wait over 30 minutes and was then given less than 5 minutes of her time.) I have never felt so dismissed and so disrespected by a medical professional - ever.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

I found Dr. Costa to be very compassionate, knowledgeable and thorough during my visit. She not only focused on the pharmaceutical recommendations for my condition, but also spent a great deal of time advising me on alternatives, such as diet, exercise, and stress reduction. I would recommend her with no reservation.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2014

Dr. Costa is a very young inexperienced physician with a lot to learn about customer service. My experience with her as a patient was very disappointing. She needs to obtain better listening skills, acquire better communication skills, and gain compassion and empathy for her struggle ill patients.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

She was a Great Doctor and very detailed. She listened to my problems.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2011

Dr. Costa is a great rheumatologist and an even better diagnostician. She treats the entire patient, not merely focusing on her specialty. She's extremely well qualified, helpful, prompt and efficient. Cute, too!

flag | Submitted March 18, 2010

Dr. Costa is the best. She is caring and compassionate and really seems to have a lot of knowledge. Her staff is great. Everyone is helpful and accomodating and they always get back to you. I wish she could be my PCP!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2009

In the years of doctor's visits I have had for my particular health problem, I have never encountered a more caring doctor than Dr. Michelle Costa. In my first visit, she REALLY listened to me and answered my questions in a way that I was able to understand. She seems to know her stuff and she has a good bedside manner (which is important). The best thing is, I feel better on the treatment she recommended. I think she's great--and I don't say that very often!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2008

Dr. Michelle F. Costa's Credentials

• University Of North Texas Health Science Center At Fort Worth (Grad. 2002)

Harvard-Pilgrim
Tufts

Updates

• A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I don't know where all these great ratings are coming from! My experience with Dr. Costa was in January of 2009. After years of undiagnosed ailments I was sent ..."

September 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Costa is no-nonsense, on her game, not rude at all, if u are looking for a therapist instead of an expert rheumatologist, sure, she doesnt fit the bill. I re..."

August 20, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Extremely rude and disrespectful. During my initial visit and follow-up I was not listened to, examined, shown empathy, provided with an acceptable explanation ..."

April 30, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I found Dr. Costa to be very compassionate, knowledgeable and thorough during my visit. She not only focused on the pharmaceutical recommendations for my condi..."

November 14, 2014
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Costa is a very young inexperienced physician with a lot to learn about customer service. My experience with her as a patient was very disappointing. Sh..."

November 4, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Very rude and did not explain or even tough of check my body once for joint pain!"

September 23, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=867291'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.3

February 6, 2014