Ratings for Dr. Sophia M. Zinkovsky

If you want a highly skilled, compassionate, honest pediatrician who cares more about her patients than profit, then please call Dr. Zinkovsky. You will not be disappointed. I have taken all 5 of my kids to her since birth. They are 23, 21, 20, 19 and 5 years old. They loved her so much that my oldest daughter now takes her son to Dr. Z. She has moved to a new location now twice due to her refusal to stop accepting so many Medicaid /insured patients. I hope she will one day be able to just open her own practice in her own building one day so this isn't an issue. I suspect this won't happen since she isn't making much money due to her acceptance of state insured children, and continued dedication to their health. She returns calls after hours promptly, and just seems to always be on the clock. I admire her tremendously, as she does all this on top of being a mother herself! Also, her background is astounding! Her entire family is in the medical field practice, she had to attend med school in the US (even though she attended in the Ukraine) to be licensed here. Additionally, she graduated with honors. If you love your kids and want the best for them, please check into your pediatrician and make sure you have the very best. That's what we did!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

This comment is for people who doubt the knowledge of Dr. Zin. You all think how much effort and years you've invested in your own education and profession and then rate yourself on 1 to 5 scale. The father of Dr. Zin is one of few very known pediatric heart surgeon in now very famous Ukraine, her mother was OBGYN doctor, her cousin is a surgeon, her aunts and uncles all doctors too. Dr. Zin started her medical studies at her father operation room at her tender age of 3. Most of her youths life she spent in her dads or moms medical offices. Medical school she finished with honors. She started treating patients on her own in her twentieth. In her early twentieth she was teaching medicine in Harvard University in Boston MA. She spent more time learning modern medicine in her residency in Driscoll hospital Corpus Christi TX. Overall Dr. Zin has over 40 years of attending to sick people.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2014

Very caring, knowledgeable and concerned pediatrician. She is always sure to offer helpful information that will aid in better health as our children grow.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

This Dr. has walked out on me, gave me too much medicine on two occasions (I went to another Dr. and HE told me so) once because she didn't know what to do with my coughing so she stood there and gave me 13 puffs of an inhaler... YOUR NOT SUPPOSED TO DO THAT! And she walked out on me when I tried to get an explanation of my diagnosis and I followed her but she just WOULD NOT ANSWER so I stormed out. I wish my mother would have never taken me back after the first sign her giving me to much medication! That office that she was in always took FOREVER to get into. I am so thankful for where I am now and I am lucky to still have my health. I encourage everyone to be cautious with doctors because they have such a large responsibility and a good one will know it.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2013

Ive been taking my kids to Dr. Sophia since they were born. Wonderful Dr. Shes always there for her patients. I have nothing but good things to say about her.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2013

excellent pediatrician and family doctor, courteous , knowledgeable, spends as much time as necessary, even gives advice on how to educate and entertain kids !office is new and very well equipped and staffed. would highly recommend. takes state insuranse as well

flag | Submitted November 29, 2011

Inacurate diagnosis, poor professional demenor. Just thought concerned Wichita parents should know.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2011

My two sons have been under her care since birth...5 1/2 years. She is the type of Doctor, who in my opinion is professional, and will never cause your child unnecessary and invasive testing per your request. I am shocked at how knowledgeable she is and always trusted her judgement. She has diagnosed everything correctly and had even given me parenting advise from time to time! I am not the type of hypochondriac who insists on x-rays, antibiotics, and invasive testing on my child against the better judgement of a skilled and educated Doctor. The types of Doctors who over-prescribe and over-test are the reason why our healthcare system is such a mess.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2011

Dr Zin has been my kids doctor for 11 years. She is outstanding. We have moved our children to her new practice. She has run the full gambit w/our kids from stitches to broken limbs, mono, asthma. She is very knowledgable but will not give your kids medicine if they do not need it i.e. viruses, colds. I trust her opinion and is the first doctor we have found that can remember your children and their chronic conditions. We gave our children a choice since they are getting older 14 & 16 and both of them wanted to continue receiving care from Dr. Zin. She can be blunt if she feels that you are asking her to do something she does not think is necessary, but she has never steered us wrong. We love Dr. Zin.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2011

BY FAR one of our City finest Pediatricians. I am yet to find a more dedicated hard working MD, who flat our knows medicine. Sophia treats all my children and we have followed her to her new practice. Dr. Zin was told by her former handlers that she needs to "lighten her load" as it applies to government sponsored health insurance i.e. healthwave. It was her refusal to do so which caused waves. As far as the lady who rate Dr. Zin poorly for not doing an Xray on her toddler daughter, I say WAY TO GO Dr, Zin. I love my children and have taken them to Dr. Zin and found out that some of the things I thought were best or told to me by a magazine, my mother, a friend, is not always best and accurate. Pneumonia is an infection caused by a virus. It takes gut to tell a patient more than what they want or need to hear, but more importantly whats best for the well being of their child.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2011

Dr. Sophia M. Zinkovsky's Credentials

• Kiev A A Bogomolets/Ukrainian State Inst, Kiev, Ukraine (Grad. 1990)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Wichita, KS