Ratings for Dr. Gary R. Kravitz

Was NOT a fan of this doctor. Seems to think symptoms are made up and psychological rather than performing tests. When tests are actually done and show positive results, he barely says a word to explain the diagnosis. Seeing his report afterwards confirmed my suspicion of him being a jerk. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2017

Extremely knowledgable Doc....I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

I never never encountered such an ass! Completely rude, unprofessional as well as self obsorbed! I wouldn't bring my dog to him! So opinionated and self righteous he doesn't take any time to listen or hear you!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2014

This doctor has no bedside manner whatsoever;I hope you're unconscious if he comes to your bedside. He's rude, stuck on himself, ans has no problem badmouthing other physicians. Dr. Know-it-all should have found a different profession, like driving a garbage truck. Good luck if your insurance or your physician wants you to see him for his lofty opinions,which are supplanted by his lofty opinion of himself. You'd be better off having your infectious disease treated by a veterinarian than Dr. Kravitz. We filed a formal complaint with the medical board, but they won't do anything unless they have 3 complaints filed in one year.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2011

Came to this specialist suffering with a host of disabling and frightening symtoms. This man sat with a prescription pad in front of him and a disinterested incredulous look on his face. Lacks compassion- not sure why he has chosen this profession. Obvious ignorance and apathy when it comes to the plight of those suffering with Lyme Disease. From a christian perspective the atmosphere was also very oppressive, I would never go back!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2010

Sadly, I must agree with previous posts. The three visits I had with him nearly cost me my life. Initially he believed I was psychosomatic for the the infectious disease for which I was referred to him, and would not even test for it. (Had I read his report I never would have returned.) I came back displaying enhanced symptoms, and when tested & was positive he prescribed an unorthodox treatment that had potential life threatening side affects as prescribed which he did not mention or explain. I ended up in the ICU for 17 days, the hospital for 6 weeks, and while I survived, I am fully disabled from working again. I had been an athlete before this. His response to all this, well seemed pompas and arrogant(words I would have chosen before reading the above), and not even a "sorry". It saddens, even frightens me that others have reported similar experiences. When considering litigation I too found he seems somehow protected within the medical community.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2010

Dr. Kravitz is the most pompous jerk I have ever met. He believes that he is superior to other physians, and he will tell you this. He told me that a diagnosis made at a previous hospital was incorrect and the physician that diagnosed me was an idiot and that he is a better doctor than that doctor. Turns out the original doctor was right I ended up very (ICU) sick as a recult of his arrogence. I would NOT reccomend seeing him under any circumstance. If you are in the hospital and he is rounding demand another doctor, he works with 4-5 other doctors and it is possible to have one of them see you in the hospital.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2010

Dr. Kravitz is a pompous, uninformed infectious disease doctor with a man-of-small-stature complex. He was totally inappropriate with me and my father and he was abusive to us to boot. Do not see him if you suspect you might have tick-borne or insect borne disease--he does not believe they exist. There is no doubt in my mind that many in his care have died based on his incomplete and innacurate ideas about infectious disease. Dr. Kravitz is highly regarded by other doctors who are equally uninformed. It's sad so many can be so duped and so dependent on the opinions of one doctor responsible for such dubious and disastrous clinical practice.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2008

Dr. Gary R. Kravitz's Credentials

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1977)